Author Topic: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show  (Read 2808513 times)

Eric Fishlegs

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: The Best/Worst Moments of last night's show
« Reply #9450 on: December 01, 2012, 05:11:47 PM »
What the hell was that Jason Woliner call about? Either I didn't get it or it wasnt for me.

Was it a bit? If so I'm confused because it wasn't particularly funny.

Is it a weird in-joke between him and Tom?

I don't buy his story as told on the show anyway. I'm not convinced Jason is that dumb. And yes I know that the website exists and you appear to be able to order the T-shirts. But that doesn't make any of this make any more sense to me.

Please go to the bottom of twitter.com/JeShirt and read from the beginning, including the Tumblr posts.

The interview made it seem like it was fairly legitimate, if somewhat exaggerated, but the Tumblr makes it feel a lot more like a joke. And looking at the second design... no one could think that looked good enough to sell as a legitimate business.

On another subject- I enjoyed Andy Kindler talking about Pauly-tics. There was a hilarious moment on Pauly's WTF? interview where Pauly insisted on doing his Obama rap and after he was done Marc paused for a second and said "Yeah... so you saved your money, right?" Pauly didn't seem too amused, but Marc was right and Shore insisted on doing it so he clearly thinks it's great which makes it just kind of sad.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9451 on: December 01, 2012, 07:09:49 PM »
Pauly didn't seem too amused, but Marc was right and Shore insisted on doing it so he clearly thinks it's great which makes it just kind of sad. hi-fucking-larious.

FTFY
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9452 on: December 01, 2012, 09:03:15 PM »
Bacchanalia.

Steve of Bloomington

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9453 on: December 02, 2012, 11:38:05 PM »
FTFY?

'Doctor Blue Eyes'

Also the moment of realization that every single person in Gar's stories is conveniently dead. Also I've only ever known one person named Gar and he was Irish.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9454 on: December 03, 2012, 07:13:01 AM »
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Bryan

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9455 on: December 03, 2012, 11:47:25 AM »
There was a hilarious moment on Pauly's WTF? interview where Pauly insisted on doing his Obama rap and after he was done Marc paused for a second and said "Yeah... so you saved your money, right?" Pauly didn't seem too amused, but Marc was right and Shore insisted on doing it so he clearly thinks it's great which makes it just kind of sad.

Oh yeah, that interview was amazing. I listened with interest, because I always wondered, "how...? wha...?" And then everything clicked into place: yep, just as dumb as he seems, and because his mom owns the Comedy Store.

Another mortifying moment was towards the end when he insisted that if he didn't "do the Weasel" his fans would be disappointed.

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9456 on: December 05, 2012, 07:41:43 AM »
Worst: Tom fantasizing about slapping an old man.

Best: Tom fantasizing about slapping an old man.
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

Jason from Huntsville, AL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #9457 on: December 05, 2012, 09:00:41 AM »
I know sometimes the exasperation and resignation on Tom's part is part of his radio persona, but it was really sad to hear the tone the show took after those two drips called in last night.

To call up and disrespect a guy who's been putting himself out to be there week after week to do a free show for you from which he makes no money is THE WORST. Esp. if he's mentioned your dumb band 1000 times.

THE WORST.

"A Man Can Make a Dog Break Its Gaze." - Tom

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
haven't listened to the 2nd drip yet
« Reply #9458 on: December 05, 2012, 09:03:18 AM »
THE WORST.

That guy needs a therapist, not a radio host. I am being serious here.

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9459 on: December 05, 2012, 09:38:32 AM »
Wow, just listened to that second douche call in. Guy sounded like a caller from 2003.

Kind of a sad sign-off. Especially since I liked this episode a lot, actually. Tom had me literally laughing out loud at times.

franklin11

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9460 on: December 05, 2012, 10:04:12 AM »
I know sometimes the exasperation and resignation on Tom's part is part of his radio persona, but it was really sad to hear the tone the show took after those two drips called in last night.

To call up and disrespect a guy who's been putting himself out to be there week after week to do a free show for you from which he makes no money is THE WORST. Esp. if he's mentioned your dumb band 1000 times.

THE WORST.

What killed me about that Zach call is that Tom has been very generous to this jerk.  He's given him so many chances to redeem himself on the air.  He's a sad individual who likes to take on the persona of a bad guy.  He hides behind the phone.  Just think what this dude is like on internet chat rooms. 

Drew D

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9461 on: December 05, 2012, 11:18:29 AM »
jesus christ those 2 calls, infuriating.  what is wrong with people, seriously?!?!  why the fuck cant people add to the show or just NOT CALL.  and i dont mean you cant say whats on your mind or be wacky, but do it in a way that goes along with the atmosphere of the show, its only been on for A DECADE AND MORE so there is plenty of archives if you need to learn the goddamn tone of the show.  ughhhhhhh argggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sashamak

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9462 on: December 05, 2012, 11:19:42 AM »
Worst call of the show ever. Such a delusional piece of garbage who can't stop talking about that stupid vimeo video where his band are morons for 90 minutes. 

He's a typical "liberal" colllege student who thinks he has a handle on political science concepts or philosophical arguments, but in reality is getting like Cs on papers because he doesn't know how arguments or common sense work.

vicd

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9463 on: December 05, 2012, 12:17:41 PM »
That "predator drone" joke was pretty funny.

Lawrence Orbach

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9464 on: December 05, 2012, 12:20:38 PM »
The show was really rolling too. Marc Maron's call was great, you could tell he was genuinely psyched to call in and speak with Tom. The hippie talk was kind of an eery foreshadow to Zak's call. What killed me (and everyone else it sounds like) is that Tom dusted himself off with a nice dose of The Who, only to get slammed by that last call. Dude did sound waaay too much like Michael Kay to my ears.

And Tom if you're reading this, I still feel bad that my comment in the 'Ripping Off' thread was misconstrued. Your take on what I wrote was not my intention at all, whatsoever.