Author Topic: FUCKIN' MAGNETS, HOW DO THEY WORK??  (Read 22493 times)

Kim Kelly

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Too soon?

Pidgeon

Re: FUCKIN' MAGNETS, HOW DO THEY WORK??
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 09:54:34 PM »
That shot of Shaggy 2 Dope rapping in front of a giant woman's splayed legs in space was really tasteful.

it'sdevin

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 12:58:23 AM »
This makes the case that all hip-hop songs should include anecdotes about pelicans almost stealing cellphones.

Joe Rogaine

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 01:05:05 AM »
A magnet is any object that has a magnetic field. Magnets have two poles, called the north (N) and south (S) poles. Two magnets will be attacted by their opposite poles, and each will repel the like pole of the other magnet.

TacoSmith

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 01:48:48 AM »
A magnet is any object that has a magnetic field. Magnets have two poles, called the north (N) and south (S) poles. Two magnets will be attacted by their opposite poles, and each will repel the like pole of the other magnet.

That sounds like scientist talk. You know how they feel about that.
"Straight-up, helicopters are beyond fresh."

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 01:49:00 AM »
There is magic everywhere in this expletive.
Doing it Mentos style.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 06:01:02 AM »
FUCKIN' RAINBOWS.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Sarah

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 07:17:08 AM »
I think that song is sweet, and I approve of its message.

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 09:09:06 AM »
This makes the case that all hip-hop songs should include anecdotes about pelicans almost stealing cellphones.

I was confused about which one of them "ran away;" the pelican or Violent J?

Wes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 10:05:33 AM »
In all the talk this has rightly generated, I don't think I've seen any praise for "long-necked giraffes, pet cats and dogs!" yet. People are fuckin' sleeping on the miraculous nature of giraffe necks.

The video also proves that Shaggy 2 Dope is by far the better actor of the two, or at least is a lot more sincere about the eyelid-shockin' shit going on around us. Look at the expression on his face right after "...cats and dogs!" It really bothers him that people don't see what he sees when he sees them. And the face his story tells when he's askin' about magnets, the pleading in his eyes? Violent J seems like he could have a solid career as a host, maybe if they made an updated version of Jackie Gleason's "You're In The Picture" (suggested title: "You're In the Fuckin' Picture"), but he was outclassed in this one. He does get points for "Water, fire, air and dirt." It seems telling that ICP identifies the fourth element as dirt and not, say, earth.

I hope all the ICP spaceship stuff at the end is signalling a new, Out of the Blue-era ELO direction for them next. The instrumental turn at the end of Miracles does kinda have a "The Whale" vibe going.
This may be the year I will disappear.

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 01:51:21 PM »
their hearts are in the right place

which in my eyes make them better than any rap music in the top 40 (jayz, lil wayne etc)

they're just so completely lacking in talent.

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 01:59:20 PM »

which in my eyes make them better than any rap music in the top 40 (jayz, lil wayne etc)

How are JayZ and Lil Wayne's hearts not in the right place? I'm not sure what you mean & I'm curious.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 02:26:46 PM »

How are JayZ and Lil Wayne's hearts not in the right place? I'm not sure what you mean & I'm curious.

Clearly the ICP guys make a living off this stuff, but from this video it looks like they are challenging themselves, like can we say what we believe in a different way and still be true to what we believe. Comical as it may come off because who they are and how they are doing it, it still shows growth. There has been zero growth in JayZ he just hops on whatever trend is going in rap his whole career so completely empty and soulless. While JayZ has a slightly above average talent for putting words together he has nothing to say and as far as I've observed no drive to innovate or push his boundaries whatsoever. Lil Wayne is just utter shit I won't keystrokes trying to analyze that mess.

TacoSmith

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 03:45:32 PM »
There's no way you're a real person.
"Straight-up, helicopters are beyond fresh."

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 05:15:21 PM »
Violent J seems like he could have a solid career as a host, maybe if they made an updated version of Jackie Gleason's "You're In The Picture" (suggested title: "You're In the Fuckin' Picture")

Am I in Les Demoiselles de Fuckin' Avignon?
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling