Author Topic: Darren Ploppleton Appearances?  (Read 6960 times)

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Darren Ploppleton Appearances?
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 04:11:20 AM »
I might as well ask this here, since we're discussing Newbridge continuity.

How many brothers and sisters does the Newbridge version of Tom Scharpling have? 

The great Dom Scharpling is not mentioned by Tom's Daddy in the first Roger appearance.
If I tried, I could probably make at least six figures for shaking my moneymaker.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2010, 08:52:15 AM »
I might as well ask this here, since we're discussing Newbridge continuity.

How many brothers and sisters does the Newbridge version of Tom Scharpling have? 

The great Dom Scharpling is not mentioned by Tom's Daddy in the first Roger appearance.

Here are the sibling names as far as I know:

Janine Scharpling

Sean Scharpling

Danny Scharpling

(The above trio chipped in to buy Roger tools as a Memorial Day present; Tom didn't get him anything.)

Dom Scharpling

Roger Scharpling also mentions Rhoda Scharpling -- is that his wife/Tom's mom?  She bought him some beer for Memorial Day.

I also recall a reference to "Anita Scharpling" at some point, but I'm not sure if that is a sister or some other relative!
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2010, 08:56:49 AM »
There was a call at some point during which a whole bunch of siblings were mentioned, and as far as I can remember, they all rhymed with Tom.

Omar

• Space Champion!
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2010, 02:01:52 PM »
There was a call at some point during which a whole bunch of siblings were mentioned, and as far as I can remember, they all rhymed with Tom.

Darren mentioned those during the "Greasy Funk" call on 8/27/07:

"Darren suffers from Van Rothner's Syndrome in reverse. Tom doesn't even know about the non-reversed VRS. Darren says it's basically a fancy term for needing to make water and the other thing in public. Tom doesn't want any more details. Darren says he's lucky that his new lady, Sheila Larson, doesn't judge him. The name sounds familiar to Tom, and Darren says that Larson used to be married to a huge rock star named Corey Harris. Tom also knows her because she's engaged to his brother. Darren asks him if she's engaged to Ron, Lon, John, or San. Tom says San was a Korean exchange student the Scharplings once hosted. Darren doesn't think it could be Dom, but it is. He thinks Tom must be kidding, but Tom says they've been engaged for a while."

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2010, 02:44:14 PM »
That's the one. Funny (and thread-appropriate) that it was during a Darren call.

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2010, 03:06:31 PM »
I know this sounds pathetic, but I'm just a teeny bit disappointed there's not tighter continuity with regard to Tom's family.

I think it was on the Summer 2007 AST interview with both Scharpling & Wurster that they mentioned going to "Omar" for continuity questions.  Had they just started doing that around this time?
If I tried, I could probably make at least six figures for shaking my moneymaker.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 03:56:00 PM »
What other source would I have access to?
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2010, 04:11:28 PM »
What other source would I have access to?

Keep them guessing, Buff.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2010, 02:18:02 AM »
I figure this thread deserves a bump in light of the awesome call from "D-Plop" on this Tuesday's (11/4) show.

I was happy to hear that Darren now has the ability to eat in front of other people and doesn't need to eat his lunch alone in a dark room on the 72nd floor at the "Double C."  I like to think he was cured by Tom's Psychiatrist.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

Christina

• Administrator
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 06:19:07 AM »
I was also happy when (I won't say his nick even in typing, it's too awful) called ... I said this a few times I'm sure but I love how stupid Darren is. Not only that but he has no impulse control at all - a cult would suck him up in a second.
Remember how he couldn't stop his leg?

jamesp

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2010, 04:18:46 PM »
I didn't want to make another thread to ask but has Rupert the manager ever called into the show? He's been mentioned countless times as "really dropping the ball." I didn't see anything in the Newbridgctionary.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2010, 04:56:25 PM »
I didn't want to make another thread to ask but has Rupert the manager ever called into the show? He's been mentioned countless times as "really dropping the ball." I didn't see anything in the Newbridgctionary.

Unless he's called in the last few months, no.  He's Vera, or Maris, or the little red haired girl.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Omar

• Space Champion!
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2010, 10:01:41 PM »
Rupert Threadwell has never called. 

Mr. Spacely

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2010, 02:05:16 AM »
We've also never heard from Chief Ray Ploppleton, have we?

I feel like there's one or two other big characters, along the lines of Rupert, whom we've yet to hear.

I'm on Twitter @asmuniz

Omar

• Space Champion!
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2010, 07:53:43 AM »
We've also never heard from Chief Ray Ploppleton, have we?

I feel like there's one or two other big characters, along the lines of Rupert, whom we've yet to hear.

No Chief Ray, either.  Also no Roy, Jr., Werner, Rutager, Old Man Dalrymple, and Sheila Larson.