The Best Show on WFMU > Show Discussion

Greatest moments in rock

<< < (30/47) > >>

cavorting with nudists:
Aaaaawwwww, shit. No more expressive drummer ever beat a skin. Plus he just seemed like a really cool, if ornery, old bastard. Vaya con dios, Levon.

masterofsparks:
Black Sabbath Supernaut (HQ)

The whole of Black Sabbath's Supernaut, which is perhaps the best rock song ever recorded, but if I have to point to a specific moment, it's 3:15 where the riff roars back in after the percussion solo.

Crusherkc:

--- Quote from: masterofsparks on April 18, 2012, 09:26:37 PM ---The whole of Black Sabbath's Supernaut, which is perhaps the best rock song ever recorded, but if I have to point to a specific moment, it's 3:15 where the riff roars back in after the percussion solo.

--- End quote ---

I love this riff.  One of Iommi's finest moments.  Remember that old SNL sketch when Dan Ackroyd played the AM/FM DJ when he switching off from loud gabby morning dj coming of something like a Kiki Dee record on the AM side to the burned out 70s FM dj? "Awriiiiigh...comin' down heavy from the Dead show last night...I'm a little high right now...we got some Sabbaaaaaaaath...." then riff of Supernaut

Smelodies:

--- Quote from: Crusherkc on April 19, 2012, 08:39:51 AM ---
--- Quote from: masterofsparks on April 18, 2012, 09:26:37 PM ---The whole of Black Sabbath's Supernaut, which is perhaps the best rock song ever recorded, but if I have to point to a specific moment, it's 3:15 where the riff roars back in after the percussion solo.

--- End quote ---

I love this riff.  One of Iommi's finest moments.  Remember that old SNL sketch when Dan Ackroyd played the AM/FM DJ when he switching off from loud gabby morning dj coming of something like a Kiki Dee record on the AM side to the burned out 70s FM dj? "Awriiiiigh...comin' down heavy from the Dead show last night...I'm a little high right now...we got some Sabbaaaaaaaath...." then riff of Supernaut

--- End quote ---

"Eric Idle, of Monty Python, once said that Aykroyd's ability to write and act out characters flawlessly made him the only member of the SNL cast capable of being a Python." - High praise.

wood and iron:

--- Quote from: Smelodies on April 19, 2012, 10:13:17 AM ---
--- Quote from: Crusherkc on April 19, 2012, 08:39:51 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

"Eric Idle, of Monty Python, once said that Aykroyd's ability to write and act out characters flawlessly made him the only member of the SNL cast capable of being a Python." - High praise.

--- End quote ---

Just don't ask him to shave his mustache.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version