Author Topic: The Best Show on WFMU: The End  (Read 33819 times)

Kormodd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: The Best Show on WFMU: The End
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2013, 06:16:03 PM »
VELLCOME TO DE MIKE SHOW

"Hi, I'm Dennis!" -- Ken needs to listen to that clip over and over again and realize what he's got on his hands.

Mike is a national treasure (as has been stated many times before) and deserves his own show. I'm hoping Ken recognizes the wellspring of potential here and gives Depravity's Rainbow a spot on the WFMU schedule.
Ever do nothing and gain nothing from it?
Ever feel stupid and then know that you really are?
Ever think you're smart and then find out you aren't?
Ever play the fool and then find out that you're worse?

lastplaneout

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2013, 10:44:58 PM »
I think it would be fun to coordinate ongoing (weekly?) listens progressing through the archives at a schedule time, so we can get together on chat/twitter. Assuming others would be into this, what would be a good place to do it --- anybody know if the archives will remain online on WFMU.org?

As Best Show fan who only discovered the show a couple years ago, this would be really really awesome.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2013, 11:15:08 PM »
VELLCOME TO DE MIKE SHOW

"Hi, I'm Dennis!" -- Ken needs to listen to that clip over and over again and realize what he's got on his hands.

Mike is a national treasure (as has been stated many times before) and deserves his own show. I'm hoping Ken recognizes the wellspring of potential here and gives Depravity's Rainbow a spot on the WFMU schedule.

From your lips to Ken's ears.

Depravity's Rainbow would absolutely be a worthy heir of that Tuesday night time slot, or any time slot for that matter. If anyone can fill Tom's shoes, it's Mike.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

whaleplane

• Policemans heel
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2013, 01:53:55 AM »
I'm sad. I'm really sad. But more than being sad, I'm grateful. Tom has given me and us all SO MUCH and for free. What he created is enormous, a serious achievement. To ask for more would be greedy.

Anyone in the Chicago area want to get together somewhere to listen to the last show?

http://friendsoftom.com/forum/index.php/topic,9442.0.html

snailed

• Policemans heel
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2013, 02:32:56 AM »
Is there going to be a final premium?

If there is, here's hoping it's some sort of "Complete Best Show" archives on a multi mp3 DVD set. I have a lot of the archives converted from .rm to .mp3 already, but having them all in one package would be great!

ChronoMojo

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 06:58:33 AM »

If there is, here's hoping it's some sort of "Complete Best Show" archives on a multi mp3 DVD set. I have a lot of the archives converted from .rm to .mp3 already, but having them all in one package would be great!

Yeah, I'd definitely drop money for this. If it's a big hassle, I'd say make it a three dj premium sized pledge.

Ryan of IL

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2013, 08:21:52 AM »
Whoever's counting: this is my pre-order.  I've converted some of my favorites from rm, but all is a daunting task. I would think that the Best Show oeuvre bundle would be an amazingly strong earner.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2013, 08:26:44 AM »

This is a wonderful idea.

I'd definitely pay a good chunk of change for such a set.
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

akaJudge

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2013, 09:02:06 AM »
+1 for the MP3 compilation.
Your vigor for life appalls me.

CSW

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2013, 09:47:59 AM »
I'd be into the complete set compilation as well.

I still think a book of Tom and Jon's notes, scripts, doodles etc. along with the existing art and some newly commissioned art would be a great thing to behold.
"You know it's like, if you had a choice between 4 slobs dressed as lumberjacks and 4 shirtless good looking guys in tight black jeans and high-top leather sneakers, who would you choose?"

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2013, 10:13:30 AM »
Yes hello there is some kind of petition requesting a premium with the complete Best Show archives going around that I would like to sign.
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

SweatedFob

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2013, 11:15:26 AM »
I would pay pretty good money for that. I really can't listen to the .rm files. They always freeze up for me. Being able to dump them on my iphone and listen to old shows on the go would be amazing.

jerichojack

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2013, 11:41:48 AM »
In this time of sadness, I'm taking great solace in the archives, and I would support any sort of reformatting or compiling with my wallet. I'm currently listening to the movie game from 2/21/06 and it's really warming my heart. Tom casts Elliott Gould and Manute Bol in a buddy comedy in which they enter a high-stakes Texas hold 'em tournament. The nuggets of brilliance are endless!

rattkane

• Policemans heel
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2013, 11:58:29 AM »
I too would love (and let's face it, will need) an mp3 set of the archives. I would be happy to contribute in whatever way possible financially or using my computer to convert files and QC them if a process/standard is set!

D.JGeorge

• Policemans heel
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2013, 01:07:25 PM »