Author Topic: Movies people are/are not looking forward to in 2011  (Read 35681 times)

wood and iron

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Movies people are/are not looking forward to in 2011
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2011, 11:28:43 AM »
Funny how Randites now conveniently forget about her atheism.

Pidgeon

« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2011, 11:44:00 AM »
Funny how Randites now conveniently forget about her atheism.

Really? I always thought of most of her followers as equally Objectivist and atheist.

cavorting with nudists

• Space Champion!
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2011, 12:15:42 PM »
Yeah, I don't think it's a dirty secret.  Her true believers embrace it, while a much larger contingent of right-libertarians just say so what, it's her economic ideas we're interested in.
"Another thing that interests me about The Eagles is that I hate them." -- Robert Christgau

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2011, 02:11:08 PM »
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

Terry From Cleveland

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2011, 12:44:30 PM »
I am not looking forward to ANY of the comic book movies coming out ever- Thor? Priest? When Weirdo-wood is reaching for bottom of the barrel heroes and coming ever closer to making Entourage plotlines a reality, I think it's time to end it.
Let me find my note. Uuuuuh.

Pidgeon

« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2011, 12:48:11 PM »
Now, I wouldn't exactly call Thor "bottom of the barrel."

Terry From Cleveland

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2011, 12:59:45 PM »
No disrespect to his holy hammerness, it's just that you don't exactly see kids running around with wing helmets on Halloween. Hopefully the movie proves me wrong.
Let me find my note. Uuuuuh.

Sarah

« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2011, 01:48:44 PM »
Is the Thor of comics an asshole?  He is in every representation of him I've encountered.

Senator Gothman (D-OR)

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2011, 04:42:15 PM »
Is the Thor of comics an asshole?  He is every representation of him I've encountered.

I thought he was supposed to be aloof.

Like Prince.

Sarah

« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2011, 07:12:40 PM »
I see him portrayed most as a hot-headed, short-tempered, humorless numbskull.  I've disliked him ever since I read my first Norse myths as a kid.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2011, 08:25:47 PM »
I see him portrayed most as a hot-headed, short-tempered, humorless numbskull.  I've disliked him ever since I read my first Norse myths as a kid.

Talk like that is a good way to get thunderstricken.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Sarah

« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2011, 08:33:15 PM »
I'll take my chances.  After all, the Judeo-Christian god hasn't struck me down yet, and I've said much worse about that one.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2011, 09:52:02 PM »
I'll take my chances.  After all, the Judeo-Christian god hasn't struck me down yet, and I've said much worse about that one.

these are the kind of things i wish i could give a thumbs up to a la facebook.

Yannick

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2011, 04:40:56 PM »
Is the Thor of comics an asshole?  He is in every representation of him I've encountered.

He's arrogant, but thats why he's stuck on Earth, to learn a bit of humility. He loves life and a good fightin'.

No disrespect to his holy hammerness, it's just that you don't exactly see kids running around with wing helmets on Halloween. Hopefully the movie proves me wrong.

You'll see them next year.

Tyrannosaurus Rocks

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2011, 10:16:11 PM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/viral-video-stars-movie-the-chronicles-of-rick-roll-2011-2

Some one finally decided to go whole hog and not just steal ideas for their ads from the internet, but turn it into one giant SNL cash-in movie. Someday we'll look back on the days when the only time the internet turned up in real life was when your boss tried to be funny by saying "Your The Man Now Dog" even though it was three years after that was even relevant, or that time Rick Astley sang during the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade. We'll look back on those times like Adam looked back on the gates to Paradise.

He's been planning this film for over six months now, and he's aiming for a theatrical release.

Nice to know he's really put a lot of time into this movie, sounds like a real labor of love. I was worried it would be a pathetic cash grab that would almost definitely fall flat, but nope. Sounds like this guy is really devoted to his...

"Instead of going to Hollywood for expensive A-list actors, why not sign people on with a name who command an audience?" Fischer told us.

Does he not get the traditional internet life-cycle. These people "commanded an audience"? People laughed at them, called them idiots, then patronizingly declared them awesome, then got tired of them, and now either don't care, or actively don't want to hear the "Hide Your Husband" crap. Uh, god.

"A lot of people will be very surprised by the plot," said Fischer.

No, they won't, because you work for a marketing company called NURV and NURV stands for Never Underestimate Radical Vision. If you were in the sixties, you'd be making a movie about flower-children and Astronauts bringing a Jimi Hendrix alien back from the moon, and your company would be called something like Let's Fly! Aeronautics And Design.

That being said. I want to see this movie. I know it's incredibly idiotic of me to waste my time with a horrible, advantageous movie, but I love a horrible advantageous movie. Bad Mad Max knockoffs, Star Wars ripoffs from any other country. This could be the next wave of the popular Dashploitation genre. With its rich history of Black, Mex, Sex and Drug sub-genres, I'm sure "Internet" will find it's place, so that in thirty years crappy film school students can look back and say "You know, I think that 'The Chronicles Of Rick Roll' really is talking about what man must do to find a place in the then burgeoning information age. It really is a triumph, up there with Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song and Wheels Of Fire"
Who ever heard of a dinosaur with a head full of grease and an out of tune guitar?