Author Topic: FOT Extra-Curricular Activities Bulletin Board  (Read 200732 times)

Sarah

Re: FOT Extra-Curricular Activities Bulletin Board
« Reply #150 on: May 06, 2008, 07:44:32 AM »
"Wright" means a crafter, maker, manufacturer of something, so a playwright makes plays, a shipwright makes ships, and so on.

Dan B

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
GUTZ - GUTZ LP
« Reply #151 on: May 10, 2008, 10:20:52 PM »
This isn't self-promotion, but familial promotion.

My brother's band GUTZ is releasing a new record.  It's on iTunes and Amazon and the hard copies will be out soon.  They're really awesome. 

Recorded at the Seaside Lounge

Influences: John Cale, Millie Jackson, The Brothers Gibb, Elton John, Swamp Dogg, Labi Siffre, Stephanie Mills, Cock Sparrer
Sounds Like: white music for black people

http://www.gutzgutz.com

Here are some sample tracks:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jzmcmtrd9zg

Czech it!

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #152 on: May 24, 2008, 04:28:38 PM »
More shameless plugging: My podcast The Hour of Truth now has a Facebook group. Feel free to join - you don't even have to be friends with me! (It's win-win!)

cutout

• Space Champion!
« Reply #153 on: May 25, 2008, 10:01:20 PM »
Redesigned my website after a few months of dabbling.

http://www.darrenhoyt.com/

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #154 on: May 25, 2008, 10:26:32 PM »
I got another play up, in Austin, TX.  If anyone wants me to try and get them a comp (Phantom Hugger?) let me know.  It's filthy.

http://www.salvagevanguard.org/index2.php

Based on a true story, Hamilton Township combines memoir, surrealist horror, punk rock and a New Jersey folk tale to tell a morality play about adolescence, the nature of evil and the worst party in the history of ever. Jason and Babydoll are trapped in the house of a sleeping old woman with a case of wine coolers as a toxic storm rages outside. Neither know what's been put in store for them by the nameless bully who put their very special evening together. FOR MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY.

Directed by Jenny Larson

Featuring: Kristen Bennett, Jude Hickey, Lana Dieterich, Joey LePage

Sound design by Buzz Moran
Set by Connor Hopkins
Costumes by Laura Cannon
Special Effects Make Up by Jessica Gilzow
Video Design by Lee Webster

Following our May 30th opening night performance will be a celebration for the cast and crew as well as a farewell to our longtime Artistic Director Jason Neulander. Please join us to toast the past and toast the future. No bread will be provided. Just drinks.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

joanna

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #155 on: May 25, 2008, 10:35:47 PM »
congrats! that's a great theater.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #156 on: May 25, 2008, 10:37:23 PM »
Thanks, yeah, I love them!  Do you live in Austin, Joanna?
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

joanna

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #157 on: May 25, 2008, 10:42:58 PM »
nope, i lived there for five years and saw a couple of plays there. and filmed a music video there -- it's also an awesome space!

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #158 on: May 25, 2008, 10:49:30 PM »
I think they're in a new space now, this converted mini-factory, like one of those places they make machine parts or process deer:

I can't find a photo online but it pretty much looks like this.  It's an awesome space, though.

Andy

• Space Champion!
« Reply #159 on: May 25, 2008, 11:01:38 PM »
are you going to be down there for any of the shows?  My little sis lives in Austin and I've been looking for an excuse to get down that way.
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #160 on: May 25, 2008, 11:03:56 PM »
I'm here until June 1!  let me know if you want free tickets - I still owe you for the Girlscout cookies.

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #161 on: May 28, 2008, 04:39:21 PM »
My friend wrote a review of the "Friars and Bacchae" thing and it's in the latest issue of ArtUS magazine.  I'm not sure what the distribution of that thing is, but it's out on newsstands in your more eggheaded sectors of L.A., that's for sure.  She seems to say it was good in some ways, but then also say it's "embarrassing" and that I'm "cautiously pathetic" or something.  I'll take what I can get, I'm still excited about it!

www.artext.org

Spoony

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #162 on: May 28, 2008, 05:46:56 PM »
Since this is the self-plugging thread...

My band, Longshanks, will be playing at Piano's in NYC on Saturday, June 28th.

We will be opening for Paul Dano's band, Mook. Come help us drive the demons out.

I'll post something a little more formally a little closer to the date.

C

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
« Reply #163 on: June 06, 2008, 05:27:41 PM »
Self-promotion: I'm working on a website that's documenting an exhibition at MoMA about prefabricated housing (http://moma.org/homedelivery) and the architects that will be installing five homes here on the vacant lot have been blogging for a few months. If you walk by the lot off 6th Avenue and 54th you can see things starting. Anyway, we could use the web traffic to justify our existence and keep me gainfully employed. I've been doing some videos for the site, too.

Self-advertising, OVER.

[attachment deleted by admin]

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #164 on: June 06, 2008, 11:46:04 PM »
For what it's worth, here is a link to my sketch-comedy podcast, called "The Epileprechaun Show."  I have not done a new installment in TWO YEARS because of teaching gigs.  But I will revive it.  It says "Toothychum's Podcast", but it is The Epilprechaun Show.

www.epileprechaun.com

Best Show bump?   ;)
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling