Author Topic: What is the lamest expression?  (Read 30259 times)

Andy

• Space Champion!
Re: What is the lamest expression?
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2008, 01:41:12 PM »
if something is incorrect (as in dimensions on a set of blueprints), I'll sometimes hear: "well, that's just as wrong as two boys fuckin'" (it makes me cringe every time)

A good one for describing the weather, though: "it's hotter than two rats fucking in a wool sock"
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2008, 06:03:26 PM »
My dad used to say of people who made him angry, "If he was on fire, and somebody was pissing on him to put him out, I would step in between them."

Which I kind of like, but it's safe to say my mother thought was at least (best?) lame, if not actionable.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2008, 09:03:58 PM »
Being a huge grump in the morning, I tend to despise hearing "Rise and shine!"

"Rise and shine"???
Fuck off and get me some coffee!
from the land of pleasant living

jed

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2008, 11:20:41 PM »
There is a woman in our office whom is constantly overheard saying into the telephone, "Oh, rock on!"

Last friday she was all sorts of excited about seeing Van Halen at the local enormodome.

That's cool though, if she's not being ironic. Right?  Seriously, I would love it if any of my co-workers had a half of an ounce of that much personality.

Rock on FOTs.
"My president is going to be one half Don West, one half the singer from Venom, thank you very much, good day sir!"

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2008, 12:02:06 AM »
Nobody's willing to admit using some of these? I definitely have used Tar"zhay" for Target. It's something my dad always says...maybe I should stop stealing the older generations material. I also have used sad panda many times, maybe even on this board.

Phantom Hugger

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2008, 03:18:47 AM »
There is a woman in our office whom is constantly overheard saying into the telephone, "Oh, rock on!"

Last friday she was all sorts of excited about seeing Van Halen at the local enormodome.

That's cool though, if she's not being ironic. Right?  Seriously, I would love it if any of my co-workers had a half of an ounce of that much personality.

Rock on FOTs.

Rock on, Jed. Earnest slobs rule the day.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2008, 12:55:36 PM »
I was sitting near a woman on the train who was chewing out her husband over the phone for forgetting to pick up something at Target. The odd thing was, in her stern chew-out voice, she was pronouncing it "tar-ZHAY".  Why?!  The effect was very unbalancing.  Did she not know that people pronounced it that way to be whimsical?  Or had she drained every drop of humor out of that pronunciation and neglected to discard it afterwards?

"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

John Junk 2.0

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2008, 01:27:02 PM »
Sometimes I find myself saying "I've gotta run that up the flagpole" at work.  I don't even know what it means really, it just pops out of my mouth and it's lame.

Also, my coworker will say "God Bless America!" when she's mad about something.  This is lame and wrong on several different levels.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2008, 02:07:26 PM »
Sometimes I find myself saying "I've gotta run that up the flagpole" at work.  I don't even know what it means really, it just pops out of my mouth and it's lame.

Also, my coworker will say "God Bless America!" when she's mad about something.  This is lame and wrong on several different levels.

you know, my mom does this same thing, but instead says, "Good night nurse!" or just plain ol', "Good night...!"

ive attempted to educate her on how lame this sounds, but at some point, i suppose, you just dont care.  so i stopped caring. 

gravy boat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2008, 02:11:59 PM »
anyhoo

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2008, 02:13:53 PM »

you know, my mom does this same thing, but instead says, "Good night nurse!" or just plain ol', "Good night...!"

ive attempted to educate her on how lame this sounds, but at some point, i suppose, you just dont care.  so i stopped caring. 

my Mom just says "Hell's bells!"
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2008, 02:16:16 PM »
exactamundo ;)
from the land of pleasant living

Forrest

« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2008, 02:18:44 PM »
Message board phrases that I vow to swear off:

Meh.
Bah.
Ugh.

KickTheBobo

« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2008, 02:37:10 PM »
I bet Dave from Knoxville will disagree with me here, but:

Sarah

« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2008, 02:42:08 PM »
Message board phrases that I vow to swear off:

Meh.
Bah.
Ugh.

But these are so useful during the quasi-conversations one conducts on message boards.  We need our Internet grunts, I think.

My father's favorite curses used to be Chris' de Calvaire, Farciot Edouart, and Chakravarti (the name of a fellow with whom he shared an office for a stretch).  Every now and then he'll bring one of these out again, and my heart melts with nostalgia.