The Best Show on WFMU > Dear Tom

Marc Maron

<< < (2/200) > >>

Reeleyes:
I'm a huge fan of Marc Maron's podcast and think it would be great to hear him on Best Show or Tom and Jon on his show.

moonshake:
I'm also a fan of him and his podcast. He's a great interviewer and he'd be a very engaging guest on the show. If APMike and Marc were to have a conversation, it could only be hilarious and gut-wrenching.

Pastor Josh:
I think he'd fit in.  He does fake guests well.  Half the time I don't even realize the fake guest is a fake guest until halfway through. 

amiright??:

--- Quote from: moonshake on March 18, 2010, 05:25:35 PM ---I'm also a fan of him and his podcast. He's a great interviewer and he'd be a very engaging guest on the show. If APMike and Marc were to have a conversation, it could only be hilarious and gut-wrenching.

--- End quote ---

As a Mike Show guest, he would be perfect.

Barry Egan:
I love you guys but you're all nuts.

I've listened to about 10 episodes of WTF and concluded that Maron is horrible at what he does.  For a show that purports to address philosophical questions and such, he is remarkably closed-minded and condescending. The personal anecdotes seldom leave the range of creepy/sad/petty, and the annoyingness of the "Why am I not more famous?" theme is only trumped by the "Because I'm too truthful, maaan!" refrain.   Puke.

He reminds me so much of this guy:

Nevermind that Maron's not especially funny, and not nearly as wise as he wants us all to believe, he seems like a complete asshole!  And a misogynist, kinda!

I'd never speak for The Kid, of course, but if I had to bet, I'd put my money on Tom never booking Marc Maron, famous mutual friends aside.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version