Author Topic: How do you feel about streaming?  (Read 1696 times)

Gilly

• Space Champion!
How do you feel about streaming?
« on: May 10, 2011, 02:56:00 AM »
Tom,

What is your feeling on streaming services like Mog, Rhapsody and Spotify? Your albums are out there on those services (at least Rhapsody and Mog as far as I know), and I've always wondered if you feel this business model is a good thing or a bad thing for you. As a music and comedy fan who needs to hear everything, it's a no brainer for me to do a subscription service, but I wonder if the musicians and the comedians I listen to would be able to continue to do what they do if streaming became the norm.

Gilly

• Space Champion!
Re: How do you feel about streaming?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 11:27:46 PM »
Any bands/artists who have music on streaming services right now have an opinion? I just don't understand how it's profitable for the person making the album. When I worked in radio I heard from people who received royalty checks of pennies because of the couple times I played their songs while logging for ASCAP and BMI. It seems like the same kind of thing, except that radio brings exposure to buy an album. Streaming... well you already have the album albeit in a rental form. I'm interested to hear how independent artists feel about a service I've grown to love.