Author Topic: Han Bennink  (Read 3342 times)

fonpr

• Space Champion!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

DJ Clem

• Policemans heel
Re: Han Bennink
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 11:35:42 AM »
A Han Bennink shout-out on TBSOWFMU? 2010 is looking pretty good. Cheers Fredericks.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 11:54:06 AM »
A Han Bennink shout-out on TBSOWFMU? 2010 is looking pretty good. Cheers Fredericks.

Pretty Good?
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

fletcher munson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 07:31:50 AM »
...or pretty messed up.  Hey, I love the Han, ("he's a blast!"), but doesn't he tread a little into the Zappa/Bungle/Zorn zone? 
veni dixie vici

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 09:07:10 AM »
...or pretty messed up.  Hey, I love the Han, ("he's a blast!"), but doesn't he tread a little into the Zappa/Bungle/Zorn zone? 

Instrumental Comedy?

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 09:27:25 AM »

One of the best Newbridge-related calls ever was a request that Tom play the most avant garde John Zorn he can find.  It's called "Roger Wants Tom off the Air" and it's a hard to find rarity, but it can be found!  Also one of the most risque moments during a Newbridge call.

I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

roubaix

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 05:29:26 PM »
:D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFL6_jmWsB4[/youtube]

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 03:32:46 AM »
Dear Fredericks,

This is a bit off topic, but I saw a perfectly good Christmas tree in the dumpster at my apartment building.  Do you have some sort of retrieval team that could get to it before it just goes into a garbage truck?

Happy New Year, dude!
   Steve
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 08:32:42 AM »
Dear Fredericks,

This is a bit off topic, but I saw a perfectly good Christmas tree in the dumpster at my apartment building.  Do you have some sort of retrieval team that could get to it before it just goes into a garbage truck?

Happy New Year, dude!
   Steve

Steve,

Unfortunately, due to the economic downturn,  the retrieval team has been disbanded.  I suggest you follow the American tradition and take the initiative.  As Spike Jones said "Do the right thing". 

I saw one in a dumpster yesterday in a giant plastic garbage bag. 

I was horrified!

Yours in righteousness,

Fredericks

p.s. Thanks for spelling my name correctly.

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 09:35:43 AM »
I wasn't impressed. After two minutes I was done. Also, the fact that the cymbals weren't made of cheese or some other edible substance seemed like cheating to me.
See God, Kai

mahgeetah

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 10:04:18 AM »
I wasn't impressed. After two minutes I was done. Also, the fact that the cymbals weren't made of cheese or some other edible substance seemed like cheating to me.

For example, thin-crust pizzas.
I'm in my late 50's.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 10:09:45 AM »

Well I sorry to hear that, Buster.

You're not much of a jazz fan anyway are you?  I'll take any project he's ever worked on over Steely Dan any day.

Video doesn't do him justice.  I respected him before I saw him live.  After seeing him live, I loved him.  He has great presence and a willingness to dive into any situation with gusto and enthusiasm.  The video I choose wasn't the most impressive Han on youtube.  I chose it because of the cheese.

Hold on a minute I'll see if I can find something, perhaps, more to your liking.............  here try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTxmeW0NMEo

Notice how perfect his timing of the cymbal toss is.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 05:41:22 AM »
Dear Fredericks,

Happy New Year, dude!
   Steve

Steve,

Unfortunately, due to the economic downturn,  the retrieval team has been disbanded.  I suggest you follow the American tradition and take the initiative.  As Spike Jones said "Do the right thing". 

I saw one in a dumpster yesterday in a giant plastic garbage bag. 

I was horrified!

Yours in righteousness,

Fredericks

p.s. Thanks for spelling my name correctly.

Well, before I could check on it again, someone else had indeed snagged it.  So hopefully they're putting it to good use.

Spelling your name is easy.  My dad is a Frederick, so all I gotta do is add the S. 

P.S.  mom says you owe her about 18 years of child support.
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2010, 09:19:11 AM »

P.S.  mom says you owe her about 18 years of child support.

Oh my goodness!

Trembling Eagle

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2010, 08:26:09 PM »
camera lady was looking good.