Author Topic: Help fund Hatch's short doc "A Man Named Magick"!  (Read 1840 times)

Matt

• Space Champion!
Help fund Hatch's short doc "A Man Named Magick"!
« on: October 25, 2010, 02:26:33 PM »
WFMU superstar Hatch and his pal Joaquin are raising money to aid their short documentary "A Man Named Magick" through the post-production gauntlet. Check it out:

A MAN NAMED MAGICK is a 12 minute documentary short that provides a glimpse into the world of Magick Balay. A professional magician since age 14, Magick is a man with a passion for bringing amazement into people's lives. Throughout the film Magick describes his philosophy on life, the theories behind his magical techniques, and the origins of his unusual name.

We met Magick in 2009 at Fantasma Magic, a shop he manages in midtown Manhattan, and have filmed scenes with him at home and at work over the past year and a half. We think he's an amazing documentary character. He's an extraordinarily talented magician, a charismatic and charming guy who has found the thing he loves most in the world and has dedicated his life to it, a man who has been clever enough to forge his own identity and find a place for himself in the small and tight-knit community of professional magicians. We've tried to make our film a simple portrait of a unique individual who we respect. It's not intended to be some kind of earth-shattering social issue documentary. It's just a small and enjoyable film that we hope will make you smile.

A MAN NAMED MAGICK is fully shot and edited, and will be screened at film festivals throughout 2011. But before we can show it anywhere, we need to raise funds to complete the post-production process:

- Licensing archival footage and music
- Color correction
- Sound edit & mix
- HDCAM output

Your contribution will help us get our film out into the world. We can't do it without you. Thanks for your support!

Right now they're a little over halfway to their $5000 goal, and there's only two days left to go. So if any FOT wanted to throw some money their way, I'm sure they'd be very appreciative. But this fundraiser is a lot like the WFMU marathon, in that there's some cool stuff for those willing to pledge enough money: a DVD/Blu-Ray of "A Man Named Magick" (with bonus films like Hatch's "Republican Dad"), an "Executive Producer" credit, etc.

Strike a blow for art and please give what you can!

Pledge here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/631581801/a-man-named-magick-a-short-documentary-about-a-pro
It ain't ego, it's my love for you.

Matt

• Space Champion!
Re: Help fund Hatch's short doc "A Man Named Magick"!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 02:55:45 PM »
Bumping this - the deadline is less than 24 hours away and the guys are still about $1700 short. If you've been considering donating and have put it off, now's the time to step up!

Matt

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 10:32:47 AM »
Only $100 and four hours left to go. Please give if you haven't. All it takes is ten people pledging ten bucks! If they don't get this last hundred dollars, the project doesn't get funded AT ALL. We can do this, people!

Martin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 11:20:44 AM »
This is a good cause. Hatch is a good dude. I gave. So should you.

ScottP

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 11:27:12 AM »
Pledged!

Matt

• Space Champion!
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 11:46:52 AM »
The $5000 goal has been REACHED and SURPASSED! Congrats to Hatch and Joaquin, and a huge THANK YOU to everyone who pledged!

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 12:13:21 PM »
A belated congratulations, Hatch!
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.