Author Topic: The REAL Mother 13  (Read 1884 times)

Josh Fenderman

• Policemans heel
The REAL Mother 13
« on: October 11, 2007, 02:51:56 PM »
Cancer survivors plan Everest concert
Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:59am EDT

KATHMANDU, Oct 10 (Reuters) - Cancer survivors will organise a musical concert on Mount Everest this month hoping the world's highest ever musical gig will raise awareness about the disease.

More than three dozen people, including seven cancer survivors, some of them musicians, will leave Kathmandu this week for the base camp of the 8,850-metre (29,035-feet) mountain for the concert at Kalapathar.

Kalapathar, located at about 5,500 metres (18,040 feet) on Mount Everest above its base camp, is a popular destination for thousands of foreign trekkers who go to the region every year.

"We are taking a battle against cancer to new heights," Shannon Foley, who is a director of the Denver-based charity, Love Hope Strength foundation, said on Wednesday.

"What a higher place in the world than this."

James Chippendale, 39, from Dallas, Texas, a cancer survivor, and a member of the group, said the money raised from the concert will provide for medical equipment to a local cancer hospital in the ancient city of Bhaktapur, near the capital, Kathmandu.

Participants in the group include those from the United States, Britain, Australia, France and Canada.

Musicians include from bands like The Alarm, Stray Cats, the Fixx and the Squeeze.

http://www.reuters.com/article/latestCrisis/idUSDEL170922

moonshake

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
"You want me to recognize you and I won't. I won't acknowledge you! I deny you. So you keep begging and begging. The door is slammed on you. I want nothing to do with you. You will die unrecognized by me."
-Tom Scharpling

johnnynovato

Re: The REAL Mother 13
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 10:29:51 PM »
I was catching up online with the real-life band Mother 13 was based on. Right now they don't have any shows planned, but last year, according to their site, they performed at Guantanamo Bay and totally tore the place apart!