Author Topic: What happened?!  (Read 8117 times)

Ason

• Achilles bursitis
Re: What happened?!
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2007, 09:39:09 PM »
Does anybody remember the CJ call where he has some unidentified "mermaid" call in
with him using French accent and they did a duet together?

I thought that was kinda cute
"A woman suspects that her daughter's imaginary friend is a ghost haunting their new home"

______http://www.myspace.com/franktherobottank________

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2007, 09:47:24 PM »
STOP.TALKING.ABOUT.HIM.

Just stop.
from the land of pleasant living

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2007, 07:49:30 AM »
Well, I guess I started this thread, and as others have pointed out, since it is now giving strength to Captain J_ck, I will try to end it.  Thank you all for letting me know what happened.

I really hope Tom stays on WFMU for a long time.  I moved from Bklyn to New Jersey in early 2006. I will admit that I had serious prejudices against the Garden State and dreaded moving here (especially b/c I grew up in CT).  I started listening to TBSOWFMU almost exactly when I moved, and Tom singlehandedly changed my opinion. If New Jersey could give us someone like Tom, then it must be a lot more than an overpopulated swamp teeming with superfund sites.  No, it is the home of Edison, baseball, the ruins of the original Penn Station, ultimate frisbee (originated in Maplewood!), the Hamilton-Burr duel, mighty oak and pine trees, the Delaware Water Gap, the Leeds Devil, and best of all, Tom Scharpling.

Huzzah Tom, and huzzah to Wikipedia for making the previous paragraph possible.
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling