Author Topic: Drum Power  (Read 1852 times)

Patrick

• Achilles bursitis
Drum Power
« on: October 27, 2010, 10:52:24 PM »
anyone know what show it was that John called as someone in a band called "Drum Power" or was talking about something like that?  i searched the Newbridgectionary to no avail.
you're gonna love hell, its a lot like Ohio.

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Drum Power
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 10:01:35 AM »
I just listened to this again recently. He was calling in as PBR on 10/29/09 in the first 30 minutes of the show. The Drum Power talk starts at about 14min30, in relation to starting back up WaWa Records.

I've listened to this one a lot. During that PBR call, they get the giggles talking about Peter Brady decapitating someone on the set of The Brady Bunch. Tom also tells a great story about his trip to LA and when Jane Velez Mitchell trips in Book Soup, AND the epic Jimmy Webb story with the performance of MacArthur Park. So good.
Doing it Mentos style.

Patrick

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 11:31:45 AM »
thank you!  i look forward to laughing out loud again while listening to that call.

you're gonna love hell, its a lot like Ohio.

amiright??

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 12:23:21 PM »
I just listened to this again recently. He was calling in as PBR on 10/29/09 in the first 30 minutes of the show. The Drum Power talk starts at about 14min30, in relation to starting back up WaWa Records.

I've listened to this one a lot. During that PBR call, they get the giggles talking about Peter Brady decapitating someone on the set of The Brady Bunch. Tom also tells a great story about his trip to LA and when Jane Velez Mitchell trips in Book Soup, AND the epic Jimmy Webb story with the performance of MacArthur Park. So good.

The MacArthur Park performance was a year ago?

Time flies. Wow.

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 05:38:29 PM »

The MacArthur Park performance was a year ago?

Time flies. Wow.

I know, right? I listened to this particular show 2 times in a row driving around my car in Kentucky. Good times.
Doing it Mentos style.

Chris in Somerville, Mass.

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 07:43:00 PM »
Sadly, Christopher Knight was never brought to justice for his crime.  It makes me sick every time I see his smug face on the tube.  My heart goes out to poor Irv and his family.  R.I.P. buddy!
 :(

JustNicole

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 04:02:08 PM »
Sadly, Christopher Knight was never brought to justice for his crime.  It makes me sick every time I see his smug face on the tube.  My heart goes out to poor Irv and his family.  R.I.P. buddy!
 :(

I'm also a little scared for his wife. She's pretty tall. That would be a good head tumble for him. What a sicko.
Doing it Mentos style.