Author Topic: fake Tubthumping appreciation thread  (Read 2353 times)

paul

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
fake Tubthumping appreciation thread
« on: February 21, 2013, 01:38:28 PM »
because this doesn't get talked about enough. everything about what tom does with this at the end of the show is brilliant. especially the fact that it's some generic cover version, if it was the original somehow it wouldn't have the same effect.

bravo!

wheatgod@hotmail.com

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: fake Tubthumping appreciation thread
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 01:45:52 PM »
It's a great addition to the show, and never fails to make me laugh.

It has the double effect in that reminds me of when Tom used it a couple of times when new callers made a request for a song - he'd have them introduce it, then start playing Tubthumping (cover).

rattkane

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 04:33:33 PM »
Does anybody know who performed the version that Tom uses? It cracks me up every time! I love how similar it is to the original version.

paul

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 11:38:52 PM »
i'm assuming it's just a karaoke version or something. or something along the lines of one of those generic cover cds credited to The Countdown Singers, which seem to only exist for when someone wants to license a song for a commercial or tv show or movie but they can't afford the original, so they use a cheap generic cover version.

narwhale

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 08:39:52 PM »
Wow, I didn't even realize it was a cover. I guess it has been a while since I heard the original.

dutch

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 05:30:22 PM »
How is this not the worst song to be beaten up to? If it's not then I don't understand the topic.

pete_clarf

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 04:56:46 PM »
It reminds me of what they would play in Kay Bee Toys or a party supplies store.  I heard a great version of 'Blitzkreig Bop' when I went with my wife to get balloons for a baby shower a couple of weeks ago.