Author Topic: The "Ripping Off The Best Show" Thread  (Read 23090 times)

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
Re: The "Ripping Off The Best Show" Thread
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2013, 03:01:15 PM »
Paul Scheer plays Vin Diesel's brother in the episode of Comedy Bang Bang recorded live in Austin. I think it was released just this morning. I like Scheer, but the voice he uses here is a little too close to the voice of Gary the Squirrel for me, down to the modulation of his voice (higher pitched and faster) when he gets overly excited about something.

daveB from Oakland

• Space Champion!
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2013, 03:49:56 PM »
Paul Scheer plays Vin Diesel's brother in the episode of Comedy Bang Bang recorded live in Austin. I think it was released just this morning. I like Scheer, but the voice he uses here is a little too close to the voice of Gary the Squirrel for me, down to the modulation of his voice (higher pitched and faster) when he gets overly excited about something.

DFK ... I'm listening to the CBB episode now. Thought the same thing you did. The "Bill Diesel" character claims to have been bitten by a squirrel, or perhaps a "squirrel/snake". Maybe the squirrel bite contributed to the vocal similarity?
"He didn't sound like a human when I was talking to him ... he sounded like a shape ... what's that shape of that building ... you know, where the Army lives?" -- Bryce, 11/24/2009

YuriDedman

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2013, 08:46:37 PM »
Not sure if anyone else has gotten to the Arrested Development Season 4 episode where Argyle Austero (Tommy Tune!) says "I don't like it....I Love it!"

A few of Ron Howard's lines in the Lunar Excursion Module seemed Best Show-y to me. I may be too attuned to S&W's style though.