Author Topic: Man, I'm gonna miss this damn show  (Read 2261 times)

fletcher munson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Man, I'm gonna miss this damn show
« on: November 25, 2013, 10:15:53 PM »
let's share :'(
veni dixie vici

industrialmagic

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: Man, I'm gonna miss this damn show
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 11:11:54 PM »

Flood

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 03:10:19 AM »
I'll miss it especially since it was the greatest talk show on WFMU, and those are amongst my favorites. There'll be only three or four talk shows left that I am going to regularly listen to.
FOTpediaAP Mike Day! – I feed you garbage!

Kormodd

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 04:25:45 AM »
The main thing I'll miss are the Spike calls. I hope that whichever DJ replaces Tom (even if it's a "random music DJ"), he or she will give Spike 10 - 15 minutes at the beginning of his or her show to talk about his pet peeves, obsessions, and political opinions without any restrictions or interference. I know he calls in on Shut Up, Weirdo, but I'm afraid denying him airtime on Tuesday night might be doing the man a disservice. It only seems fair.
Ever do nothing and gain nothing from it?
Ever feel stupid and then know that you really are?
Ever think you're smart and then find out you aren't?
Ever play the fool and then find out that you're worse?

industrialmagic

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 04:27:14 AM »
its time the kid got free

Epic Soundtracks

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 11:04:44 AM »
The main thing I'll miss are the Spike calls. I hope that whichever DJ replaces Tom (even if it's a "random music DJ"), he or she will give Spike 10 - 15 minutes at the beginning of his or her show to talk about his pet peeves, obsessions, and political opinions without any restrictions or interference. I know he calls in on Shut Up, Weirdo, but I'm afraid denying him airtime on Tuesday night might be doing the man a disservice. It only seems fair.

We already have a replacement, they are called Mike and Therese, and I for one wonder if there is anything we can do to convince them and the radio powers that be that we can keep the dream alive!

mostlymeat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 04:43:59 PM »

We already have a replacement, they are called Mike and Therese, and I for one wonder if there is anything we can do to convince them and the radio powers that be that we can keep the dream alive!

Dave "Tasteful Nudes" Hill is taking over the time slot.

http://splitsider.com/2013/11/dave-hill-will-take-over-tom-scharplings-best-show-slot-on-wfmu/

If nothing else, it'll be nice to hear some Dokken on WFMU!

casualobserver

• Policemans heel
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 07:40:42 PM »
it'll be nice to hear some Dokken on WFMU!

was that a boat joke?

akaJudge

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 10:19:05 AM »
i probably mentioned this in another thread (or two :) ) but I seriously felt it in my stomach when Tom said the words "Jon Wurster" on the air. I knew it was real at that moment. I never took the show for granted, I don't think, but I'm only just now realizing just how much space it takes up in my brain. I'm also sort of glad it's ending, in a way. Eh, not glad, I guess, but certainly happy for Tom to be free to pursue whatever he wants to pursue.

I did a radio show for a few years and I know how much time and effort it took to put on a decent three hour show, and I just played music. It's insane that Tom/Mike/Jon have done this for free for so long, INSANE.
Your vigor for life appalls me.