Author Topic: Some help with the Blue situation in Newbridge  (Read 1609 times)

noah

Some help with the Blue situation in Newbridge
« on: January 13, 2015, 06:46:31 PM »
Hello all,

I have the task of putting together my top 5 moments from the Best Show's history and I need a little help.

One of my favorite moments was when the Blue epidemic hit NB, then that morphed into Emerald Nightmare and so on.  All of those calls were top shelf in my book, but there's one that I never really went back to listen to after hearing it live.

Designer drugs were sort of being phased out in calls, then out of nowhere Bryce (I think) makes a call and towards the end of the call mentions Blue for the first time in 3 or so years.  This would be in '09/'10 I think.

I know that PBR was at an Emerald Nightmare party in '11, so I'm not too confident with my timeline.  Did anyone timeline the drug epidemic in NB?

Does anyone remember a call where Blue was mentioned and it seemed like years since either Tom or Jon had mentioned it?  Or am I just remembering that differently?

Hold on I'm just going to apply some of this chap stick...

Does anyone else remember that call? 

JRSly

• Policemans heel
Re: Some help with the Blue situation in Newbridge
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 02:30:15 AM »
I've been slowly tagging my MP3s with worthwhile recurring gags (drugs, voice modulator, barging, Clifford, etc. ) for the purposes of nothing but my own amusement, so I've got a little bit of the Blu timeline. Blu seemed to be a pretty isolated 2007 incident, but like you mentioned, there is the Christmas greetings from Consolidated Cardboard in Dec. of 2011 which apparently mentioned Blu. I don't recall it 100% off the top of my head, but there were several characters chiming in, so it's possible Bryce is in there briefly. Might be a good place for you to start.

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 07:57:05 AM »
Not sure about specific calls/dates, but Blue was introduced to Newbridge by Wilhelm, the Austrian Night Nurse at Newbridge Acres.  Many residents were in treatment for cocaine abuse after Werner and Rutager had everyone eating laced funnel cakes (at Newbridge Colonial Days celebration; Keith Kincaid once won "Best Powdered Wig" at said event) and enjoying ski trips.
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 10:36:38 AM »
Yeah, the bar at the funnel cake stand was a couple of railroad rails. Not even a little bit subtle.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

JRSly

• Policemans heel
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 12:12:58 PM »
Oh, Blue also came up in the March 15, 2011 call with congressman Robert Monroe.

noah

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 01:04:20 PM »
Awesome, thanks guys. I've been starting in 2011 and working my way backwards, from the Emerald Nightmare explosions.  I think I might just start from the beginning of the FMU archives and make a designer drug chart.  It would be fun to make Newbridge PSAs. 

olliegrind

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 02:55:51 PM »
Saw this thread the other day and just happened to be listening to the April 1, 2008 show where Sleepy Jeff calls in to throw his hat into the election for Mayor of Newbridge. He mentions he had kicked his sleep problem until getting some Blu from the German 7-11.

"You're driving?!"
"Yeah, why?"