Author Topic: episode where williamsburg hipsters make fun of Tom's sunglasses?  (Read 1503 times)

wynattbearp

• Plantar Fasciitis
Does anyone know which episode was the one where Tom talks about going to Williamsburg only to have all these dum-dums make fun of his sunglasses? Thank you!!

laura from brooklyn

• Policemans heel
Re: episode where williamsburg hipsters make fun of Tom's sunglasses?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 09:31:38 AM »
This might be totally wrong, and if so I apologize, but I have a vague memory of that riff being in one of the two old Best Show episodes I still have on my phone: the six-hour show with PFT from June 2009; or "Toms Talks of His Exciting Trip to Los Angeles..." from July 2007.

Crusherkc

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: episode where williamsburg hipsters make fun of Tom's sunglasses?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 12:47:12 PM »
Found it!  June 19, 2007: Who Are The Five People You Would Want To Have Dinner With The Least? And Some Exciting News About Power Pop Pop Pop.

Starts at 1 hour 50 minute mark. 

http://www.wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?version=2&show=23574&archive=100792

from the Recidivism site by Omar (http://www.recidivism.org/2007/06/)
Tom came up with an idea as he strolled through McCarren Park this past weekend. He thinks the authorities should drop a net over it, round people up, and start running IDs through the computer to review their criminal records. As we all know, Tom likes to wear those giant, old lady sunglasses, and the Brooklyn hipsters did not approve of them. He heard two people make a wisecrack about his eccentric eyewear. Tom points out that at least he wasn't wearing a shirt promoting long-defunct NJ zoos like Scotch Plains' Terry Lou Zoo or Jungle Habitat. He donned a nice clean shirt and nice clean slacks. Tom wonders if the dogs he saw ever realize that their owners are jerks who make them lay on hemp dog beds.
Vandalism! Sick vandalism! When I get my hands on the little punks I'm gonna hang them by their Buster Browns!