Author Topic: Best show box set in list of best albums of the year so far.  (Read 1196 times)

fonebone

• Policemans heel
Re: Best show box set in list of best albums of the year so far.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 10:55:10 PM »
Even if it weren't one of the few albums on this list that I've actually heard, it would unreservedly make my best-of-2015 list -- how could it not?  Simply in terms of pure value for money, to say nothing of the epic packaging, the content itself (ostensibly what we bought the thing for) is overwhelmingly terrific.  Speaking of packaging, what are the odds of the Best Show Box scoring Grammy nominations for packaging, album notes, best historical album, and of course best comedy album -- all categories for which it could easily win.  Having a lot of friends in music might help, although I don't know if the kind of bands they attract necessarily have a lot of pull with the Grammys.
"I'm a vehement opponent of adventure - any idiot can go to Antarctica. And any idiot can climb Mt. Everest. Even grannies have done it. There are thousands lining up. There is no adventure left." -Werner 'Giggles' Herzog