Author Topic: Rick and Morty  (Read 1832 times)

fidget

• Plantar Fasciitis
Rick and Morty
« on: August 03, 2015, 08:55:17 PM »
This show is great.  The new season (2) is blowing my mind.  I don't usually cry, but R+M got the tears going in less than 30 seconds with their video game "Roy".  Then they turned it around for a big laugh. 

Cartoon or not, that kind of writing is non-existent in television.  I hope there are some fans here that want to talk about the existential themes of Rick and Morty.

mostlymeat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Rick and Morty
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2015, 11:46:19 AM »
This show is great.  The new season (2) is blowing my mind.  I don't usually cry, but R+M got the tears going in less than 30 seconds with their video game "Roy".  Then they turned it around for a big laugh. 

Cartoon or not, that kind of writing is non-existent in television.  I hope there are some fans here that want to talk about the existential themes of Rick and Morty.

Rick & Morty is the best show on TV. I love it! It took a few eps to get into but very soon I was agog. I can't wait to see season 2.

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 12:41:08 AM »
I was going to start a thread about this last Sunday but I didn't want to just ramble. Rick and Morty is brilliant and S2 shows that that probably isn't going to stop any time soon. Its joke rate is astronomical and it actually has real heart underneath it.
Wailin' the eff outta that vibraslap!

fidget

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2015, 04:59:15 PM »
They did it again this episode too.  They tried to make me cry.  Do you know what "wubbla lubba dub dub" means in my language? It means "help me. I'm in great pain".  Cool song at the end of this episode by Chaos Chaos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTA0DSfrGZ0

mostlymeat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 05:29:36 PM »
Chaos Chaos is formerly Smoosh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVrhguAA1EY

UH HUH UH HUH! Rad.

They did it again this episode too.  They tried to make me cry.  Do you know what "wubbla lubba dub dub" means in my language? It means "help me. I'm in great pain".  Cool song at the end of this episode by Chaos Chaos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTA0DSfrGZ0

fidget

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 07:15:28 PM »
I could see this show- 5th season in- completely ditching all of the jokes and going completely dark drama.  It's cool to watch the progression.

JeffertonFromTX

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 04:54:20 PM »
Its has some pretty awesome needle drops throughout too.

I was okay with the last episode's ending until Rick pet the weird freeze dried creature before he vaporized it.
Wailin' the eff outta that vibraslap!