FOT Community > Hey New People!

I'm confused--does AP Mike play Larry Da Perv?

(1/2) > >>

AlexRieger:
I started listening to the show about a month ago and I had always believed it was Mike calling in as LDP due to their similar voices. However, I recently heard an episode where Mike talks to LDP and my world got turned upside down. I've googled but found nothing so I was hoping you guys could help me because this is killing me.

mostlymeat:

--- Quote from: AlexRieger on June 02, 2016, 03:03:00 PM ---I started listening to the show about a month ago and I had always believed it was Mike calling in as LDP due to their similar voices. However, I recently heard an episode where Mike talks to LDP and my world got turned upside down. I've googled but found nothing so I was hoping you guys could help me because this is killing me.

--- End quote ---

Larry D. Pervison is a real guy, he's been calling for years. He & Mike are pals, which makes sense, but they are definitely not the same guy!

buffcoat:
WFMU's Ramsey from (then) Brooklyn said on one of his substitute shows that Larry was a close friend of his who had no connection to the show other than calling in and meeting Tom a few times.

Actually, I think it was the post-last-Best-Show episode that he and uhh.... Spoony (?) and someone else hosted.

Jixby Phillips:
I recall Brett "MC Steinberg" Davis saying the same thing, that Larry was a friend of his. This was the show I remember it from:
http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/shows/53637

I could be mis-remembering or maybe both statements are true!

But -- if you listen to the era in which MC Steinberg is trying to break through, there's another guy who calls up frequently who sounds a LOT like Lawrence D. Pervison in a proto-perv voice

buffcoat:
Actually, Jixby, I think you're right - I was misremembering who said it. It was Brett Davis.

Ramsey said... something else. About something else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version