Author Topic: Which show does Tom talk about John Wick the most in  (Read 1869 times)

johnnynovato

• Plantar Fasciitis
Which show does Tom talk about John Wick the most in
« on: April 07, 2017, 05:19:53 AM »
I'm watching John Wick and I am enjoying the strong influence of the films of Troy Duffy. This thing makes the Golan-Globus sequels to Death Wish look like thoughtful character pieces.

theWhatReally

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: Which show does Tom talk about John Wick the most in
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 12:30:24 PM »
Yeah I agree!!  except for the thing about Troy Duffy and "Golan-Globus sequels" I dont know what any of that is.

Krokodil_Gena

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 11:48:12 PM »
Yeah I agree!!  except for the thing about Troy Duffy and "Golan-Globus sequels" I dont know what any of that is.

Troy Duffy is the quasi-meathead who gave us The Boondock Saints. Menahem Golan and Yoram Globus were two Israeli guys who ran Cannon Films in the 1980s, the company that gave us American Ninja (1985), American Ninja 2: The Confrontation (1987), the Delta Force films (1986, 1990), and in a weird bid to be seen as a possible high-culture outlet, they also released Powaqqatsi: Life in Transformation (Godfrey Reggio's 1988 sequel to his previous film Koyaanisqatsi) and the Jean Luc Godard film King Lear (1987). The "go-go boys" ran the company into the ground by 1995, thus killing a film company that had been around since 1967.

mostlymeat

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 12:45:03 PM »

Troy Duffy is the quasi-meathead who gave us The Boondock Saints. Menahem Golan and Yoram Globus were two Israeli guys who ran Cannon Films in the 1980s, the company that gave us American Ninja (1985), American Ninja 2: The Confrontation (1987), the Delta Force films (1986, 1990), and in a weird bid to be seen as a possible high-culture outlet, they also released Powaqqatsi: Life in Transformation (Godfrey Reggio's 1988 sequel to his previous film Koyaanisqatsi) and the Jean Luc Godard film King Lear (1987). The "go-go boys" ran the company into the ground by 1995, thus killing a film company that had been around since 1967.

This documentary about Golan & Globus is great.

https://vimeo.com/107973282