Author Topic: Network 77: a roster of FOTs  (Read 2922 times)

Krokodil_Gena

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Network 77: a roster of FOTs
« on: August 02, 2018, 12:46:30 AM »
Check this out: https://www.network77.com/

A satire of late-'70s TV, Network 77 is a Rachel Lichtman project featuring: Jon Wurster, Ted Leo, Josh Kantor, Aimee Mann, Emma Swift, the band Creamer, Robyn Hitchcock, Pat Sansone of Wilco, Jon Langford of the Mekons, etc. The real brain-bender is the number of people thanked, and many were on The Best Show: Patton Oswalt, Bob Mehr, Coco Hames, Julie Klausner, Gregg Turkington, and Tim Heidecker, among many others (including Sean Tejaratchi, who gave us Crap Hound and Liartown the Tumblr blog).

This needs to be made into a thing, because we only have the one episode right now.

Krokodil_Gena

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Network 77: a roster of FOTs
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 02:04:58 AM »
Great review of the first episode "Escalator to the Stars" by the blog Aquarium Drunkard.

Creamer on “Muziekpop”: www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2N3_TDh5zk

The original version of the end credits music video, Edith Nylon, "Edith Nylon": www.youtube.com/watch?v=g49MyBDTPLw

Dammit

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Network 77: a roster of FOTs
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 09:22:15 AM »
Check this out: https://www.network77.com/

A satire of late-'70s TV, Network 77 is a Rachel Lichtman project featuring: Jon Wurster, Ted Leo, Josh Kantor, Aimee Mann, Emma Swift, the band Creamer, Robyn Hitchcock, Pat Sansone of Wilco, Jon Langford of the Mekons, etc. The real brain-bender is the number of people thanked, and many were on The Best Show: Patton Oswalt, Bob Mehr, Coco Hames, Julie Klausner, Gregg Turkington, and Tim Heidecker, among many others (including Sean Tejaratchi, who gave us Crap Hound and Liartown the Tumblr blog).

This needs to be made into a thing, because we only have the one episode right now.

THIS is wonderful! All that's missing is my big box of legos, the wood-panel TV with no remote, a basement full of cigarette fog, and my dad-flintstone yelling at me to quit digging for shit in that goddamn box 'cuz he can't hear the TEE VEE. Ah...those were the days.

I remember that accidental voice overs did happen from time to time. One time, a title card appeared during commercials that read, Where the fuck is Jim? Goddammit answer! My dad read it aloud in front of my mom and me, and called the station to complain - this, from a guy who let me blow my nose in his t-shirt and said these words all by himself when he couldn't get through (line was clogged with calls, I guess). 

Heh...now, all that I can think about is a Merv Cavett Show parody. I'll be busy all day.