Author Topic: What Are Your Favorite Tom Stories From The Best Show?  (Read 14587 times)

steveberes

• Policemans heel
Re: What Are Your Favorite Tom Stories From The Best Show?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2017, 03:51:13 AM »
I think it's from 2010 at some point not sure exactly but I loved Tom's story about traveling cross country on an Amtrak

tootsmcgrew

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2017, 02:55:44 PM »
Relatively new listener here — but I very much enjoyed the tale of seeing Chris Angel and the other happenings in Vegas - the Motley Cru restaurant & such.

Dammit

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2017, 11:20:30 PM »
The Mr. Moonlight story from Beatlefest is pretty top notch. March 29, 2011. Timestamp for the story is 2:42:00. And the timestamp for the Spike call is 39:30, because why not.

Yes. Yes that one.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2017, 11:20:07 AM »
From Lights Out II, Tom's sleep walking/abduction story where he wakes up in the field!
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

The Double Professor

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2018, 06:55:21 PM »
Around the time when Tom was really into Wings, he told a great story about driving in traffic along the NJ Parkway while listening to Band on the Run ("will i ever get outta here..") and as if right on cue with the transition in the song, traffic magically opened up and Tom sped off triumphantly and cinematically and there was much rejoicing.

TimmyVonFaulkner

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2019, 11:07:10 AM »
I don't have a date or timestamp because he has mentioned it a bunch of times, but I loved the idea of 12 year old Tom seeing the Road Warrior and Class of 1984 by himself at the movies. I am definitely jealous of that double bill.