The Best Show on WFMU > Show Discussion

Double Threat: Not the Best Show, but....

(1/1)

mostlymeat:
I love Double Threat. It's all-Tom, all-the-time. And Julie. But also Tom! Callers probably should have been banned in 2008, or, when it went off WFMU, or when 90% of callers knew the schtick? Double Threat is all riff, no schriff!

Pros: it's all Tom! And Julie.

Cons: it's so short. I love the idea of Tom, stuck in a room for 3 hours - long form explorations! Also it's edited, which is so strange after all these hours of quiet moments.

In conclusion, I love Tom's new podcast Double Threat, check it out. 

Krokodil_Gena:
"Callers probably should have been banned in 2008, or, when it went off WFMU, or when 90% of callers knew the schtick?"

Totally disagree -- the random element of callers make the show interesting, you don't know what you will get. No callers, no E-Cigs for Legs, no Fredericks, no Jason from Huntsville, no Avalanche Bob (RIP), no AP Mike. "Double Threat" is a podcast, not a streamed show working under radio rules like the "Best Show" -- they can edit it a million different ways, make jokes hit better, etc., but it lacks the possibilities of outsiders coming in and blowing everything up like when Andrew "Dice" Clay called the "Best Show" three years ago. The Klausner-Scharpling podcast is just a different beast -- it works, but it is its own thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version