Author Topic: Tokyo Sex Webshow - NEW EPISODE  (Read 4242 times)

Petey

Tokyo Sex Webshow - NEW EPISODE
« on: July 27, 2007, 01:22:05 AM »
yeah sons. new episode of tokyo sex, me and dan's webshow. there's three parts, for the sore at hearts. enjoy!

PART ONE:
[youtube=425,350]fB_lH7KB8Fs[/youtube]
PART TWO:
[youtube=425,350]gBKIJpE5vO0[/youtube]
PART THREE:
[youtube=425,350]KGlWbyR2E5k[/youtube]

Laurie

Re: Tokyo Sex Webshow - NEW EPISODE
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 08:06:38 AM »
PD! You're freaking me out. Nine year old boys should not star in internet videos with the word "sex" in the title. I'm calling the FBI. Faffer, watch out, Special Agent Harrups is on the way to your house!

Richard_From_CHI

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 08:16:11 AM »
Damn Petey needs a haircut.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 09:17:26 AM »
It's a shame children have to grow up into teenagers, instead of being locked in a nutrient chamber and emerging years later as fully formed and together adults.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Sarah

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 09:33:07 AM »
Did you watch episode 1, Laurie?  Petey performs a pretty sultry striptease on that one.

Favorite quote from ep. 2:  "Only one bullet in this spinny thing."

Also, Petey's grandmother is a trouper.

All in all, though, Tokyo Sex makes me feel very, very old.  Gone are the days when I would have done such stuff.  Of course, we used a reel-to-reel in my day.  I remember a very topical bit my sisters and I did when I was nine, featuring the Security Blanket talks intended to end the Potsdam-Cantonian War.  I was Eba Abban.  I'll probably cringe if I ever hear it again.

Petey

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 01:07:49 PM »
Did you watch episode 1, Laurie?  Petey performs a pretty sultry striptease on that one.

Favorite quote from ep. 2:  "Only one bullet in this spinny thing."

Also, Petey's grandmother is a trouper.

All in all, though, Tokyo Sex makes me feel very, very old.  Gone are the days when I would have done such stuff.  Of course, we used a reel-to-reel in my day.  I remember a very topical bit my sisters and I did when I was nine, featuring the Security Blanket talks intended to end the Potsdam-Cantonian War.  I was Eba Abban.  I'll probably cringe if I ever hear it again.

haha. what's reel to reel, security blanket talks, and eba abban? i never heard of dem. =[

i want to hear it though send it to me

Sarah

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 05:45:06 PM »
haha. what's reel to reel, security blanket talks, and eba abban? i never heard of dem. =[

Abba Eban was the Israeli foreign minister during the Six-Day War (June 5-10, 1967) between Israel and many of its neighbors.  Apparently, his speech before the UN Security Council on June 6, 1967, made a great impression on me and my sisters, although my Eba Abban had more in common with Nikita Khrushchev--famous for supposedly having taken off his shoe and banging it on a desk during a speech by British prime minister Harold Macmillan before the UN General Assembly on September 29, 1960--than with the urbane Eban.

You can read about reel-to-reel tape recorders here.

To send our silliness to you, Petey, I would have to transfer it from an ancient reel of tape to some newfangled format that you could accommodate.  Since I don't have the means to do so, I'm afraid you can but dream.  As I said, it's probably not half as amusing as I like to think it was.  I mean, "Security Blanket Council" for "Security Council," "Eba Abban" for "Abba Eban," and "Potsdam-Cantonian War" (we lived in a small town in NY call Potsdam at the time, and Canton was the closest town, eleven miles away) for "Arab-Israeli War" aren't exactly the height of wit.

Fido

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 11:07:10 PM »
Security blanket talks to end the Potsdam-Cantonian War?  And you were nine?  You must have been a witty and precocious child.  Many people probably thought you were a nerd, but I'm quite impressed by your cleverness.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 11:58:49 PM »
Security blanket talks to end the Potsdam-Cantonian War?  And you were nine?  You must have been a witty and precocious child.  Many people probably thought you were a nerd, but I'm quite impressed by your cleverness.

It doesn't have to be one or the other.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Petey

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 06:26:17 PM »

Abba Eban was the Israeli foreign minister during the Six-Day War (June 5-10, 1967) between Israel and many of its neighbors.  Apparently, his speech before the UN Security Council on June 6, 1967, made a great impression on me and my sisters, although my Eba Abban had more in common with Nikita Khrushchev--famous for supposedly having taken off his shoe and banging it on a desk during a speech by British prime minister Harold Macmillan before the UN General Assembly on September 29, 1960--than with the urbane Eban.

You can read about reel-to-reel tape recorders here.

To send our silliness to you, Petey, I would have to transfer it from an ancient reel of tape to some newfangled format that you could accommodate.  Since I don't have the means to do so, I'm afraid you can but dream.  As I said, it's probably not half as amusing as I like to think it was.  I mean, "Security Blanket Council" for "Security Council," "Eba Abban" for "Abba Eban," and "Potsdam-Cantonian War" (we lived in a small town in NY call Potsdam at the time, and Canton was the closest town, eleven miles away) for "Arab-Israeli War" aren't exactly the height of wit.

the word swaps are kind of genius. why did you know so much about politibs when you were nine? :P

it was probably the best tape ever. : (

if you want you can join us on tokyo sex to return to your youth. you can be the Maine correspondent. or the MAIN correspondent. looooooooooooooooool

btw, can anyone offer any critiques? we got a lot of negative reviews from people so we want to know if its actually funny.

John Junk

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 12:53:34 AM »
Hey Petey,
I only watched the first episode, and here is my critique:
Please Stop eating while you're entertaining.  Or if you're going to eat, be in all other ways very engaged, so at least there's some sort of irony.  There's nothing I'd like to watch less than a noncomittal Youtube performer.
You seem to domineer over Dan a little bit.
The first scene with you and dan on the floor is way too backlit so it's hard to see you guys.
I actually thought the "old juice" thing had comedic potential--maybe ominous music when the juice is returned to Dan? 

The last thing maybe, possibly, conceivably could have been funny if you edited it down to at least half the length.  To me, the funniest thing was the "wife" slowly eating the watermelon after the other two guys were dead.  Things are usually more funny when they are edited down to half of the length you think they should be, then edited down to half of that length, then maybe half of that.  That sketch you guys did could've probably been like 45 seconds long.  That was the best advice I got in Video editing class.  I had a 30 second commercial I made and my teacher was like "It would be more funny if it was 15 seconds" and I was like " I can't make it that short" and he said "Trust me, you can."

I don't mean to crap on your party, I hope this is just taken as constructive criticism!  I made lots of videos in high school but luckily youtube didn't exist yet so I was never tempted to show anyone but the people who I made them with and maybe my parents.

Hope I was of some sort of service,
John

Sarah

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 09:50:33 AM »
I second the advice about editing (and not just because I'm an editor).  Nothing ruins a funny bit more than dragging it on too long.  (I am reminded of the torture that SNL became in the eighties.)  As the old saw (ha, unintentional pun, since this is a surgeon's slogan) goes, "When in doubt, cut it out."  And doubt like crazy.

This is harsh, but I'd also lose the baby talk.  It's disconcerting and uncharming in a fellow your age.  And I notice you've passed it on to your brother.

I'll have to watch them both more carefully and take notes before I can offer anything more.

P.S.  JJ, you thought Petey dominated Dan?  Funny, I didn't get that at all.  Dan has quite a strong presence, I thought. 

P.P.S.  "Why did you know so much about politibs when you were nine?"  This from the guy who penned "Chommy, Mommy."

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2007, 12:17:22 PM »
Please Stop eating while you're entertaining.  Or if you're going to eat, be in all other ways very engaged, so at least there's some sort of irony. 

thirded!

also, maybe you could avoid cursing or using foul language. avoiding the toilet talk might encourage you to be more creative in how you express yourself - which could lead to more entertaining comedy.
best of luck.
hope to see more soon!

Petey

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2007, 01:22:17 PM »
Hey Petey,
I only watched the first episode, and here is my critique:
Please Stop eating while you're entertaining.  Or if you're going to eat, be in all other ways very engaged, so at least there's some sort of irony.  There's nothing I'd like to watch less than a noncomittal Youtube performer.
You seem to domineer over Dan a little bit.
The first scene with you and dan on the floor is way too backlit so it's hard to see you guys.
I actually thought the "old juice" thing had comedic potential--maybe ominous music when the juice is returned to Dan? 

The last thing maybe, possibly, conceivably could have been funny if you edited it down to at least half the length.  To me, the funniest thing was the "wife" slowly eating the watermelon after the other two guys were dead.  Things are usually more funny when they are edited down to half of the length you think they should be, then edited down to half of that length, then maybe half of that.  That sketch you guys did could've probably been like 45 seconds long.  That was the best advice I got in Video editing class.  I had a 30 second commercial I made and my teacher was like "It would be more funny if it was 15 seconds" and I was like " I can't make it that short" and he said "Trust me, you can."

I don't mean to crap on your party, I hope this is just taken as constructive criticism!  I made lots of videos in high school but luckily youtube didn't exist yet so I was never tempted to show anyone but the people who I made them with and maybe my parents.

Hope I was of some sort of service,
John

haha nah thats good advice. thanks bud. i wasn't eating because i was bored of the show or didn't care, i thought that was kind of funny while Dan talked haha. the juice thing wasn't planned, my dad just came in the shot and demanded dan to drink it.

yeah i agree about the editing it down because it does get boring sometimes. Sometimes I think a lot of the stuff is funny so I'm wary about what to delete and stuff. I think later we'll write scripts so it's easier to edit and plan.

I second the advice about editing (and not just because I'm an editor).  Nothing ruins a funny bit more than dragging it on too long.  (I am reminded of the torture that SNL became in the eighties.)  As the old saw (ha, unintentional pun, since this is a surgeon's slogan) goes, "When in doubt, cut it out."  And doubt like crazy.

This is harsh, but I'd also lose the baby talk.  It's disconcerting and uncharming in a fellow your age.  And I notice you've passed it on to your brother.

I'll have to watch them both more carefully and take notes before I can offer anything more.

P.S.  JJ, you thought Petey dominated Dan?  Funny, I didn't get that at all.  Dan has quite a strong presence, I thought. 

P.P.S.  "Why did you know so much about politibs when you were nine?"  This from the guy who penned "Chommy, Mommy."

yeah the stupid talk probably gets dumb after awhile. it's a bad habit.  :(

Please Stop eating while you're entertaining.  Or if you're going to eat, be in all other ways very engaged, so at least there's some sort of irony. 

thirded!

also, maybe you could avoid cursing or using foul language. avoiding the toilet talk might encourage you to be more creative in how you express yourself - which could lead to more entertaining comedy.
best of luck.
hope to see more soon!

haha. me and dan try to use swearing only when we think its needed to make it funnier.

thanks for the advice FOTs. i'll show dan what you said to make it better next time.