Author Topic: Dane Cook....  (Read 7295 times)

Andy

• Space Champion!
Dane Cook....
« on: July 09, 2006, 11:41:45 PM »
I used to just not think he was funny, now I'm beginning to think he's a real douche-drinker.  It pains me to watch him on Tourgasm, but it's worth it to see Gary Gulman and Robert Kelly.

It's nice that he's bringing attention to stand up, but does he have to be such a self-important douche?
Breakfast- I'm havin' a time
Wheelies- I'm havin' a time
Headlocks- I'm havin' a time
Drunk Tank- not so much a time
George St.- I'm havin' a time
Brenda- I'm havin' a time
Bingo- I'm havin' a time
House Arrest- I'm still havin' a time

johnfgillson

Re: Dane Cook....
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 12:26:16 AM »
Yeah it's not really comedy. It's him just super excited about his daily activities. Some stuff can pass as comedy but most of it comes off as a guy trying to explain what he did on Friday night...You totally should have been there dude!

Jeff T

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 07:06:07 AM »
I think it's important that we spread word of Dane Cook sucking around alt comedy circles ASAP.

WE MUST GET THE WORD OUT!

patient957

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 01:31:54 AM »
Got to see a couple ep's tonight.  Didn't think it was ALL bad, although none of the stand-up clips were funny at all.

I just feel like I am being force fed his intense mannerisms, as the camera follows his every little move.

Laurie

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 03:02:52 PM »
I'm trying to understand why the young and tattooed white belt types like this guy so much. I really don't get it. At all.

shotzi

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 02:25:40 AM »
Tourgasm is an embarrassment. Gary Gulman might be sort of funny, maybe, but the other three - not so good. Dane Cook has made me laugh before but not on this show. And the guy with his "TLC" act, actually thinking that's funny... Oh my god. Stand-up comedy must be the worst profession in the world. He went up there every show and did that stupid "killing people with kindness" act. Yikes.

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 09:20:08 AM »
I saw a Dane Cook comedy central thing several years ago and I thought, "this is funny, but jeez do I hope this guy doesn't become the new face of comedy with all that AAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH."  Like seeing a new SNL skit and knowing that you'll be grinding your teeth 18 months later when you see the last version of it.

What is comedy doing?  I mean, Carrot Top?  Really?  That guy deserves to make the kind of money he makes?  Really?

I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

PeterHaskett

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 06:56:43 PM »
Dane Cook steals jokes from Louis CK and drains the funny out, like a comic vampire.  Hear for yourself:
http://www.redban.com/blogy/?p=51

Jordan Michael

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 04:48:14 AM »
People who are fans of comedy generally don't like Dane Cook.

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 12:50:42 PM »
Tourgasm is an embarrassment. Gary Gulman might be sort of funny, maybe, but the other three - not so good. Dane Cook has made me laugh before but not on this show. And the guy with his "TLC" act, actually thinking that's funny... Oh my god. Stand-up comedy must be the worst profession in the world. He went up there every show and did that stupid "killing people with kindness" act. Yikes.

Listen to The Doug Benson Interruption (June ‘06) episode of AST Radio. Andy Kindler, as usual, had some Tourgasm material, and Brian Posehn made the best TLC killer joke OF ALL TIME.
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Matthew_S

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 04:06:06 PM »
I second the Doug Benson Interruption recommendation.

Did anyone actually watch his comedy movie 'event' premiere on Monday?

jane

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 05:39:34 PM »
Here's an interesting article on Dane Cook...and by "interesting" I mean scornful, scathing, and, um, disdaneful (sorry).

http://www.salon.com/ent/tv/review/2006/09/03/dane_cook/

patient957

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 02:13:27 PM »
"...when he's imitating a woman, he inexplicably speaks in a high voice with a lisp, as if he's doing a homophobic imitation of a gay man."

Homophobic?

Fido

• Space Champion!
Selling Dane Cook short
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2006, 11:33:04 PM »
"...when he's imitating a woman, he inexplicably speaks in a high voice with a lisp, as if he's doing a homophobic imitation of a gay man."

Homophobic?

I wouldn't be surprised if he were. 

If only Dane Cook issued stock, we could short it.

Sarah

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2007, 02:47:31 PM »
I'm sure many have seen this already, but I couldn't resist.  Resurrecting a thread this old in the process is just the cherry on the sundae.