Author Topic: I rather loved this  (Read 2904 times)

Sarah

I rather loved this
« on: June 27, 2007, 04:47:34 PM »
[youtube=425,350]Etf9yBe1fXw[/youtube]

I mean, cranky oldsters can be a pain in the ass, but they're nothing compared to the schmuck in this car.

Dan B

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: I rather loved this
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 05:21:53 PM »
Is that a real thing?

Laurie

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 06:01:56 PM »
I think it was a commercial. For something.

Sarah

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 06:14:22 AM »
Two things:

1.  I apologize for not originally posting in the "YouTube" thread. 

2.  Further investigation suggests this is in fact an ad intended to demonstrate the efficacy of Mercedes'* air bags.  I'm very disappointed.

*To anyone remembering my upset about dropped possessive esses a while back and wondering at the lack of one here, see Chicago Manual, 15th ed., 7.20.

Richard_From_CHI

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 10:18:39 AM »
Sarah,

You and the mrs. would be bestest pals. She loves her Chicago Manual of Style. On last weeks episode of my podcast the show closes with her scolding my co-host and I about our abuse of grammar.

Richard

Sarah

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 12:09:11 PM »
No doubt, if she reads this post of yours, she'll be scolding you for the absent apostrophe in "weeks" and that "I" that should have been "me."

Sorry--I'm crabby, and it's coming out in the form of persnicketiness.  I just got back from hitchhiking home from Machias after my sisters' and my jointly owned car broke down--blessedly after we'd dropped the puppy off to be neutered--and tonight I have to go to yet another selectmen's meeting/public hearing because a creepy enlargement of the planning board's powers that was voted down during the development wars has been put on the docket to be voted on once again during the town meeting this August.  It is clear that the powers-that-be are hoping people will be too tired out from the shenanigans two months ago and too preoccupied with summer pastimes to put up a fuss.  I have other reasons to be irked today, but these two would be enough to set me off all on their own.

LostInReno

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 07:45:26 PM »
I would be so pissed but that guy hella honked at a old lady. First you should get out and try to help her before you be a dick. But Very Funny.
Wait... whuuuuuuuuuut?

rootdoc (not my real name)

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 06:29:17 PM »
Don't you just want to yell in her face?
What I am I supposed to put here?