Author Topic: Kevin Smith: FWD!  (Read 9099 times)

Chris L

• Space Champion!
Re: Kevin Smith: FWD!
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 02:22:54 AM »
Thanks for the kind words, guys.  If my blog is interesting to anyone (and I tend to assume it isn't), I mostly attribute it to avoiding personal kvetching and jpegs of my lunch receipts and so forth.  That and cramming it with not-so-subtle Best Show references. 

And I'm actually thankful for the term "mumblecore" because surely no genre, no matter how much it thrives on irritating me, can survive such a ridiculous moniker.   Instant death knell. 

Sarah

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 06:33:12 AM »
I like that when one Googles "mumblecore," one is asked, "Do you mean 'dumbledore'?"

jane

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2007, 07:18:41 AM »
ha, ha, ha
Sarah, I'm glad you're back.  I love your crack o' dawn posts.
I hope your hand's healing up nicely.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2007, 05:46:49 PM »
Chris L, will you email me some .jpgs of your lunch receipts?  It's actually my favorite thing to read.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

John Junk

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2007, 09:45:41 PM »
My Boring Ass Life: The Uncomfortably Candid Diary of Kevin Smith

Anything but boring, the creator of "Jay and Silent Bob" shares his x-rated thoughts in his diary, telling all in his usual candid, heartfelt and irreverent way! Lewd, crude and hilariously rude, Kevin Smith pulls no punches in this hard-hitting, in-your-face expose of, er, his rather dull and uneventful life... well, not always dull. In between watching his TiVo, he manages to make and release "Clerks II", relate the story of his partner-in-crime Jason Mewes' heroin addiction, get a tattoo, serve on a jury... and be berated for nose-picking by his erstwhile Playboy-model wife, Jen. Thrown in are his views on the perils of strip clubs, the drawback of threesomes, the pain of anal fissures, his love-affair with "Star Wars" and so much more!

Also, if that mumblecore article wasn't enough, I'm now officially done with the New York Times:
"Elevating the white-guy-doing-nothing prerogative from a lifestyle choice to a moral principle." - New York Times

This is great cause it says "not always dull" then lists a sad ream of less-than-minor achievements (can't decide which requires less of an effort, releasing clerks 2 or picking your nose and making your wife mad).  "Gets a tattoo"??  Seriously?  That's what you're offering up here?

Sploops

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2007, 10:58:15 AM »
Artist on Artist: Kevin Smith and Zach Braff (who beats up little kids)
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=959671429
Barf.  Total ass-kiss fest.

Phantom Hugger

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2007, 12:02:11 PM »

I couldn't watch the whole thing. About 20 seconds into it I was thinking about what I'm going to make for lunch.
I see why they had to punch this footage up with ADD jump cuts and "kick ass" bed music.

rootdoc (not my real name)

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2007, 09:35:47 AM »

Wow!!  I never knew that the cuddly Zach Braf was so hard core!!!

Get him!!
What I am I supposed to put here?

John Junk

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2007, 04:02:44 PM »
I turned it off when Kevin Smith said that Zach Braff has "insane credibility".  That's like having authenticity to the extreme.

rootdoc (not my real name)

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2007, 09:29:17 AM »
After watching these two guys, I feel like maybe me, an endodontist, could direct a feature length film.  How hard can it be, seeing these mutants.

Then I too could have "insane credibility."
What I am I supposed to put here?

Sarah

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2007, 10:03:25 AM »
If one takes the phrase to mean "credibility among the insane," it's quite accurate, really.

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2007, 10:16:08 AM »
If one takes the phrase to mean "credibility among the insane," it's quite accurate, really.

"Insane credibility" vs. "Mad kudos."  FIGHT!   

bennett

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2007, 10:13:14 AM »
They got the wrong Kevin Smith.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8TKLC3G1&show_article=1

SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) - A man dressed as Santa Claus was knocked unconscious by a thrown object that hit his face while he was riding on the back of a truck decorated as a sleigh.

Kevin Smith says he never saw what hit him Saturday. Whatever it was, it broke his nose and gave him a concussion and two black eyes.

"One second I was up there waving to people, and the next minute I wasn't," Smith said.

He was taking part in Santa Run, sponsored by the firefighters union, which features off-duty firefighters who dress up as Santa and ride through residential areas handing out candy to children.

Other volunteers realized something was wrong after they hadn't heard from Smith for a few minutes. They stopped the truck and found him lying unconscious.

"It pretty much cold-cocked him," fire Lt. Scott Himelspach said.

Smith awoke in the back of the sleigh.

"They thought I'd spilled my hot chocolate, but then they realized it was blood," Smith said. "The rest of the night was kind of hazy."

Smith, a firefighter for eight years, said he hoped to return to work on Christmas Day.

Assistant Fire Chief Brian Schaeffer said an assault report was filed with police but that no witnesses have come forward.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2007, 10:17:12 AM »
Lunch receipt:

I'll probably go into the wee hours.

congolia

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2007, 02:44:43 PM »
Lunch receipt:

Another West Seattle Suds n' Tussin fest?