Author Topic: What happened?!  (Read 8126 times)

Richard_From_CHI

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: What happened?!
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 02:16:36 PM »
Seriously though. People calling and being trolls is one thing, people coming to where you work/live/hang out/do radio shows and dropping off dead animals in quite another. Honestly this is a very threatening thing, if I was Tom I'd be damn angry about it, it is crossing a line. It is no longer fun and games. What next? CJ gets mad that Tom made fun of him and shows up to confront him psychically. Not acceptable at all.

Sarah

« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 02:25:07 PM »
1. I have no doubt Tom would win any psychic confrontation with le capitaine. 

2. Jane?  You are a peach.

3. Did anyone notice the copyright symbol on the drawing that adorned the top of the cooler?  I don't know whether it was the art or the band name that was under its seal, but the fussiness of it amused me

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 02:28:17 PM »
1. I have no doubt Tom would win any psychic confrontation with le capitaine. 

But he's got nem powers!

John Junk

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2007, 02:51:12 PM »
I'm sure Captain the Liverpudlian thought he was being clever and charming, which is all the more reason to be scared of him.

LostInReno

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2007, 03:21:18 PM »
It can't be over. please don't let it be so
Wait... whuuuuuuuuuut?

Fido

• Space Champion!
It's a crisis of existential proportions
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2007, 03:21:49 PM »
Let's assume, for a moment, that the ugly fish was meant as a threat to Tom.  In that case, I really wouldn't blame Tom for eighty-sixing the Best Show and never coming to the studios again.  But as Sean Hannity might say, that's the wrong kind of thinking:  if we give up, the terrorists win.  However, it's a really unusual threat -- it's not a horse's head in a bed -- but that only underscores the conclusion that this is clearly the work of madmen.  Or as Sean Hannity might say, we've got to go after these lunatics -- Zero tolerance.

Let's assume for a moment that this was a carefully staged, elaborate hoax.  It's delightfully insane.  That note -- dios mio.  In which case, maybe Tom takes a vacation, or goes out to LA to work on a project for a while, and then comes back to Newbridge and the Best Show.  Whatever the case, I wish you the best Tom!  You can't imagine the number of times you've made me laugh or brought a smile to my face.

LostInReno

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007, 03:25:29 PM »
Well said Fido
Wait... whuuuuuuuuuut?

Sploops

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2007, 06:15:25 PM »
Let's examine the symbolism behind this "message" ---

A MONKfish (we all know what that's in reference to) is consuming some STARfish (CJ has accused Tom of going hollywood and getting a big head ala the steretypical "star") and a crab (I haven't the slightest.)

So what does it all mean? .... Only CJ knows.  I'm sure in his twisted cerebellum it's logic is as clear as an unmuddied lake.  While the rest of us are left scratching our heads and terrified that it's some kind of Godfatheresque threat on Tom's life.

I wouldn't blame Tom if he took a loooooooongcat vacation after this incident.  I only pray it isn't for more than a couple months.

Kibblesmith

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2007, 10:03:03 AM »
All I know, is that this whole incident makes me feel a lot better about my ongoing campaign to kidnap David Letterman's son.

Richard_From_CHI

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2007, 10:25:31 AM »
Let's examine the symbolism behind this "message" ---

A MONKfish (we all know what that's in reference to) is consuming some STARfish (CJ has accused Tom of going hollywood and getting a big head ala the steretypical "star") and a crab (I haven't the slightest.)

So what does it all mean? .... Only CJ knows.  I'm sure in his twisted cerebellum it's logic is as clear as an unmuddied lake.  While the rest of us are left scratching our heads and terrified that it's some kind of Godfatheresque threat on Tom's life.

I wouldn't blame Tom if he took a loooooooongcat vacation after this incident.  I only pray it isn't for more than a couple months.

You think the douche who cannot be named was clever enough to put that all together? I think that might be giving him too much credit.

Miss

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2007, 10:57:51 AM »
All I know, is that this whole incident makes me feel a lot better about my ongoing campaign to kidnap David Letterman's son.

That made me laugh aloud for the first time this morning. Nicely done!

Sarah

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 11:04:53 AM »
You think the douche who cannot be named was clever enough to put that all together? I think that might be giving him too much credit.

Of course he's clever enough to do that; it ain't exactly subtle.  In fact, to me, it reeks of the fellow's heavy-handed approach to what he deems wit.

John Junk

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 12:14:55 PM »
We'll never know until the cops raid his house and find the wall of marble composition notebooks filled from end to end with teeny tiny printed writing.  Then after 5 years of studying we can create a HWSNBN rosetta stone and we can finally understand the mysterious works of this man's underappreciated and overwritten alcoholic acid casualty humour.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2007, 12:35:00 PM »
he's thriving off the very existance of this thread/discussion.
from the land of pleasant living

Deric W. Haircare

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2007, 12:40:01 PM »
I agree. We need to stop talking about this and thereby continuing to validate it.
You don't throw oranges on an escalator.