Author Topic: What happened last night?  (Read 3295 times)

Matt

• Space Champion!
What happened last night?
« on: August 15, 2007, 08:47:41 PM »
Hello FOTs!

I work weeknights, so I cannot listen to the show live. I have been browsing the forums on my work computer. Needless to say, what I have read scares me beyond belief.

What happened during the show last night? Tom played Miles Davis? And this is a bad sign? I've gotta know right now! Gimme the scoop, Betty Boop(s)!

EDIT - What is the fish incident! I'm out of the loop and I don't like it!
It ain't ego, it's my love for you.

Matt

• Space Champion!
Re: What happened last night?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 08:56:07 PM »
I'm at work - I can't! And I don't own a computer!

Matt

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 09:01:38 PM »
TELL ME PLEASE!!!! I GOTTA KNOW RIGHT NOW!!! I BEG OF YOU!!!!!

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 09:59:09 PM »
Rover,

Captain J__k sent a little kid into the WFMU bldg with a cooler.  Associate Producer Mike went down to get it and brought it back.

They opened it on the air.  There was a stupid note from Captain J--k.  Inside the cooler was an iced, dead monkfish with some starfish and crabs (?) stuffed in its mouth.

Tom at first seemed nonplussed and sort of laughed it off.  As the show went on, he started to sound freaked out about being in a lunatic's fantasy world.  He played a long track from Miles Davis' Pangaea, which he has threatened to do before when the callers were bad.

Toward the end he started announcing that it was the end of the Best Show.  People on the board and listening to the show seem concerned.

Personally, and I mean this in the most reverential way, there's a bit of boy-cried-wolf to any new plan Tom has to end the show.  It will end one day, and it will be sad.  But I can't imagine that this particular clown is going to bring the whole thing down.

Long live the Best Show!
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

Matt

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 10:09:42 PM »
Thank you, buffcoat. I was (and still am) out of my mind with worry.

Tom - it's time to throw Captain Jack under the bus. With extreme prejudice.