Author Topic: Replacements  (Read 2613 times)

Racan

Replacements
« on: April 12, 2015, 05:45:23 PM »
Is anyone catching the Replacements on their "Back by Unpopular Demand" tour?

Some friends of mine and I drove down from Vancouver on Thursday to see them in Seattle. My girlfriend and I went to Sparks in LA in February so it already feels like a bucket list kind of year for shows. I thought the Replacements were a lot of fun and I really enjoyed the setlist. They opened the show behind the curtain with Seen Your Video until the lyrics kicked in. We all ate it up and begged for more. They also played some songs I never thought I'd get to see live like Never Mind and Treatment Bound. I loved that there was a dude next to me who only stood up and rocked out whenever the band played stuff from the Don't Tell a Soul album.

I did find their "we're just a lovable bunch of fuckups" routine a bit tiresome. They seemed to really be playing into the band's mythology and acting like caricatures of themselves at times. The music was still great, at least when Paul wasn't flubbing his lyrics.

Mike Desert

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Replacements
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 09:13:11 PM »
It sold out like in 10 minutes here,  so no.  >:(
Another San Fransisco Toilet Person

Rob Baird

• Policemans heel
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 02:39:42 PM »
I saw them last summer in Forest Hills and they were a lot better than I thought they would be given their past history.  They sounded great.

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 12:48:15 AM »
...at least when Paul wasn't flubbing his lyrics.

This is not a recent development. He screwed up lyrics all the time in the 80s and 90s.

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 09:01:10 AM »
...at least when Paul wasn't flubbing his lyrics.

This is not a recent development. He screwed up lyrics all the time in the 80s and 90s.
One of the times I saw them he sang "Another Squirrel, Another Planet."
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

BadGuyZero

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 08:20:19 PM »
Let's not forget the times he would sing Replacements lyrics to tunes by other bands.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bw-_rbWKUrXSUjN3QmpaQk53bTQ&usp=sharing

not that clay

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 01:12:20 AM »
Let's not forget the times he would sing Replacements lyrics to tunes by other bands.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bw-_rbWKUrXSUjN3QmpaQk53bTQ&usp=sharing

oh shit that is fantastic!