Author Topic: Lip Balm proven to be addictive!  (Read 3376 times)

redmedicine

• Policemans heel
Lip Balm proven to be addictive!
« on: August 25, 2007, 12:56:21 PM »
The word is getting out ... I wonder what color the balms are?

http://health.msn.com/centers/mentalhealth/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100168510&GT110252

Sarah

Re: Lip Balm proven to be addictive!
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 01:03:43 PM »
Time for a confession: until recently, I was a lip balm addict (I now use Kiss My Face night cream as my methadone).  Indeed, more than twenty years ago, one of my sisters, who was still a practicing doctor at the time, warned me that I was becoming a junkie.  Did I pay attention?  No--and as a result I've spent tens of dollars for fixes over the years.  I just thank god I never got my hands on any blue.

Miss

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 01:20:13 PM »
that's amazing.

they should start doing research on what makes it call them back snoring, though? that's so fascinating.

Sarah

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 05:52:13 PM »
Lip balm junkies, I've discovered our methadone:  Melt equal parts honey, coconut oil, and beeswax in a double boiler and pour into your receptacle of choice.  If the cooled mixture is too stiff for your tastes, remelt and add olive oil till you achieve the consistency you want (test quickly by cooling tiny amount in the freezer).

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 06:11:05 PM »
Your persistence is admirable, Sarah.

"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Sarah

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 06:22:00 PM »
Hardly.  Wanted to share a receipt and found an appropriate thread.  Nothing noteworthy there.  Except in terms of banality, I suppose. (A nice oxymoron, that.)

Alex_from_the_woods

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 06:45:22 PM »
I once had a 3 tube per year habit myself. For any others out there- you don't have to fight this alone.

http://www.lipbalmanonymous.com/
Orange You Glad I Didn't Say Exsanguination?

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 06:56:08 PM »
Hardly.  Wanted to share a receipt and found an appropriate thread.  Nothing noteworthy there.  Except in terms of banality, I suppose. (A nice oxymoron, that.)

Tsk.
"Like it or not, Florida seems dedicated to a 'live fast, die' way of doing things."

Sarah

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 07:28:32 PM »
I once had a 3 tube per year habit myself.

Then you will understand my joy at discovering a recipe that produces something I like that also works better and lasts longer than any commercial concoction I've found.  Loads cheaper, too.  Sure, buying your Carmex or your Chapstick isn't going to break your bank account, but it's appallingly overpriced in terms of bang per buck.  I feel like I'm sticking it to the Man every time I apply my homemade unguent.  Take that, Big Balm!

Sarah

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 07:30:05 PM »

Tsk.

Crack an old-timey cookbook much, Fred?  Tsk, indeed!

fonpr

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 07:40:00 PM »
Touche!  I am bleeding from my forehead.

Sarah

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 09:25:05 PM »
Wouldn't count in fencing.