Author Topic: Steve Coogan, Chris Morris, British comedy of the moment...  (Read 46125 times)

bruce

Re: Steve Coogan, Chris Morris, British comedy of the moment...
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2007, 10:03:54 PM »
[youtube=425,350]OSLg1lIIDCg[/youtube]

Hey look its my old avatar.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 12:02:16 AM »
Courtney's full of shit.  She tried to hire El Duce to kill Kurt and when he started talking about it she had him drugged and run over by a train.  Hard to believe Alan Partidge actually dated the skank (if just for 2 weeks.)  She's clearly bitter and trying to besmirch Coogan's good name.  Bah!

El Duce from the Mentors?
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

So Cow

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2007, 05:38:04 AM »
The Mighty Boosh.

Oh dear.

A whole lot of not good.

Jason

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2007, 10:11:50 AM »
Courtney's full of shit.  She tried to hire El Duce to kill Kurt and when he started talking about it she had him drugged and run over by a train.  Hard to believe Alan Partidge actually dated the skank (if just for 2 weeks.)  She's clearly bitter and trying to besmirch Coogan's good name.  Bah!

You know another El Duce?

bobby.

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2007, 12:58:52 PM »
I'll sixth Darkplace and disagree with the so cow.
BEST SHOW: EXERCISE AND EATING WELL

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2007, 09:39:44 PM »

Whoa, you zung me!  But it could have been Mussolini with a typo. 

But is this like a well-regarded conspiracy theory?  It seems to ring a bell, but it also seems sort of batshit loonball.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2007, 11:47:49 PM »
Are Phoenix Nights and Road to Nowhere good?

I've only seen clips.
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqJpvWBQaMU[/youtube]
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

John Junk

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007, 05:59:43 PM »

But is this like a well-regarded conspiracy theory?  It seems to ring a bell, but it also seems sort of batshit loonball.

El Duce claims as much in the movie Kurt & Courtney.  He also offers to tell more if the filmmaker will buy him beer.  This must go against some kind of documentarian ethos or something, because the (sleazy in his own right) filmmaker assumes that's the end of the interview, and opts out of buying the dude beer.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2007, 11:28:01 PM »

El Duce claims as much in the movie Kurt & Courtney.  He also offers to tell more if the filmmaker will buy him beer.  This must go against some kind of documentarian ethos or something, because the (sleazy in his own right) filmmaker assumes that's the end of the interview, and opts out of buying the dude beer.

Yeah, I dunno, man.  I wouldn't trust El Duce to.

I actually stared at the blinking cursor for almost three minutes and couldn't come up with anything that would do it justice.  Maybe I should start a new thread: what wouldn't you trust El Duce to do?

bobby.

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2007, 05:20:45 PM »
I'll sixth Darkplace and disagree with the so cow.

Adult Swim is showing Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, starting on Friday. Be prepared for the fright of your life.
BEST SHOW: EXERCISE AND EATING WELL

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2007, 07:42:19 PM »
So how do you like that Peter Serafinowicz show?

Saxondale any good?
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Sarah

« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2007, 07:59:45 PM »
I thought Saxondale was good.  I've only seen clips of the Peter Serafinowicz show, which seems uneven but worth watching.

octopus volcano

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2007, 11:29:15 AM »
Armando Iannucci, who was involved in some of the Coogan/Morris shows, has made some wonderful stuff the last few years: The Armando Iannucci Shows, Time Trumpet and The Thick of It.  All these are worth seeking out on DVD/internet.  A pilot for an American version of that last one was apparently made (directed by Christopher Guest), but hasn't been picked up anywhere yet.

Snuff Box is great too- it's Matt Berry & Rich Fulcher from The Mighty Boosh, although if you don't like that show you may not like this.  Rich Fulcher is the funniest American unknown in his home country since Bill Hicks (or is that Rich Hall?).

Peep Show is awesome, all 4 seasons.  It took me a couple episodes to get into it, then I was addicted.  A U.S.A. version of it was attempted, I guess it stunk.

bruce

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2007, 11:42:43 AM »
Time Trumpet is more miss then hit. The Tesco Wars bit is the best thing in the whole series.

Saxondale is good, and Serafinowicz I gave up on a few episodes ago.

Jason

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2007, 11:49:06 AM »
Snuff Box is great too

You're not wrong -

[youtube=425,350]bYnOXFGYR88[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]WmIQV3N2cnM[/youtube]

[youtube=425,350]Ydrl79AbM70[/youtube]