Author Topic: Shady Characters  (Read 80558 times)

Miss

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Shady Characters
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2008, 07:19:49 PM »
besides not living up to his potential?

Son of Dorvid

« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2008, 03:17:01 AM »

Teen Girls make Pregnancy Pact

Gloucester must be a rough town for teenage boys.  When you're not on the boat avoiding Perfect Storms, your girlfriend's lying about being on the pill.

Proud moments, Gloucester High.

chrisfoll577

« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2008, 07:37:41 AM »

Gloucester must be a rough town for teenage boys.  When you're not on the boat avoiding Perfect Storms, your girlfriend's lying about being on the pill.

Let's just say since the fishing industry collapsed, Gloucester is most famous for Whale Watches, Oxycontin and teen pregnancies.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #124 on: June 20, 2008, 08:06:02 AM »
I need to defend the judge there.  He had a server that he thought was private that had dumb "College Humor" style pictures-- someone actually dug them up from a cache.  Not very tasteful, but just the kind of stuff that "funny" people forward around to each other.

A lawyer who he ruled against on another matter decided to try to go after him and the LA Times obliged by characterizing what the judge had as basically a bestiality web site.

samir

• Space Champion!
« Reply #125 on: June 20, 2008, 01:34:28 PM »
Funny you should mention Kozinski, here's what I read about his site...

as including a photo of naked women on all fours painted to look like cows, a video of a half-dressed man cavorting with a sexually aroused farm animal, images of masturbation and public and contortionist sex, a slide show striptease featuring a transsexual, a series of photos of women’s crotches as seen through snug fitting clothing or underwear, and content with themes of defecation and urination

http://www.uslaw.com/pop/what-stuff-was-on-judge-kozinskis-personal-website/?p=121
"Son, there's a thin line between crazed and rabid"

buffcoat

• Space Champion!
« Reply #126 on: June 20, 2008, 01:57:41 PM »
One of the fathers was "a 24-year-old homeless man."  Hoo... ray.
I really don't appreciate your sarcastic, anti-comedy tone, Bro!

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #127 on: June 20, 2008, 02:12:43 PM »

Teen Girls make Pregnancy Pact

He said the girls are generally "girls who lack self-esteem and have a lack of love in their life."

there you go...nothing raising another human being for eighteen years can't solve

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #128 on: June 20, 2008, 02:17:09 PM »
Funny you should mention Kozinski, here's what I read about his site...

as including a photo of naked women on all fours painted to look like cows, a video of a half-dressed man cavorting with a sexually aroused farm animal, images of masturbation and public and contortionist sex, a slide show striptease featuring a transsexual, a series of photos of women’s crotches as seen through snug fitting clothing or underwear, and content with themes of defecation and urination

http://www.uslaw.com/pop/what-stuff-was-on-judge-kozinskis-personal-website/?p=121

Again, though, it's just the junk you'd find on fark.com or something.  Stuff I stopped finding funny sometime in the 1940s, but nothing that should threaten his job.  Especially given that he's been a friend of the First Amendment anyway, so it's not like there's any flavor of hypocrisy.  He is saying that some of it was his son's, which is kind of a lame thing if not true.

I do have to say that Kozinski is one of those judges that people with a really, really limited sense of "crazy" have called "crazy," "wacky," etc.  

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #129 on: June 20, 2008, 02:57:06 PM »
This isn't Hypocrite's Corner or the Evil Jerk Lounge. Dude's shady, that's all.
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Sarah

« Reply #130 on: June 20, 2008, 03:54:32 PM »
Let's just say since the fishing industry collapsed, Gloucester is most famous for Whale Watches, Oxycontin and teen pregnancies.

Sounds oh so familiar.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #131 on: June 20, 2008, 05:58:34 PM »
This isn't Hypocrite's Corner or the Evil Jerk Lounge. Dude's shady, that's all.

Good point.  Being into frat boy humor when you're in your sixties (?) is kind of shady by itself.

Sploops

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #132 on: June 21, 2008, 09:22:41 AM »
twofer saturday

Learyzilla

Vince from Shamwow

Regular Joe

• Space Champion!
« Reply #133 on: June 21, 2008, 09:33:32 AM »
Vince must be the albatross that stifles the true potential of the ShamWow. As far as I see it that thing is a miracle and it should by all rights be a household name, like bandaids.

TacoSmith

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2008, 08:32:24 PM »
twofer saturday

Learyzilla
Ugh. I've seen that picture before and it makes my skin crawl. I guess maybe that's the idea or something but I SHAN'T be watching the show.
"Straight-up, helicopters are beyond fresh."