Author Topic: Movie Quotes Continued  (Read 164156 times)

Satchm0

• Plantar Fasciitis
Re: Movie Quotes Continued
« Reply #420 on: August 23, 2009, 08:05:53 PM »
Roger Wade aka Billy Joe Smith: I tell you what we're gonna do, Marlboro. You're gonna take that goddamn J.C. Penney tie off and we're gonna have an old fashioned man to man drinking party.
Philip Marlowe: Well, that's okay but I'm not taking off the tie.

nec13

• Space Champion!
« Reply #421 on: August 23, 2009, 11:28:23 PM »
Harry Moseby: "I saw a Rohmer film once. It was kind of like watching paint dry."
Nobody ever lends money to a man with a sense of humor.

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #422 on: August 24, 2009, 12:17:50 AM »
Harry Moseby: "I saw a Rohmer film once. It was kind of like watching paint dry."

NIGHT MOVES.   That movie had a wild, implausible ending (in an interesting way). 

Some trivia from imdb:

The house belonging to James Woods' character Quentin was owned by Phil Kaufman, road manager for Gram Parsons at the time of his death. Kaufman's subsequent actions became the basis for the film Grand Theft Parsons (2003). Night Moves (1975) cast and crew were shooting at the house the day the police came to question Kaufman, and as they were taking him away, Arthur Penn turned to Gene Hackman and said, "Man, we're shooting the wrong movie".

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #423 on: August 24, 2009, 07:51:46 AM »

NIGHT MOVES.   That movie had a wild, implausible ending (in an interesting way). 

Some trivia from imdb:

The house belonging to James Woods' character Quentin was owned by Phil Kaufman, road manager for Gram Parsons at the time of his death. Kaufman's subsequent actions became the basis for the film Grand Theft Parsons (2003). Night Moves (1975) cast and crew were shooting at the house the day the police came to question Kaufman, and as they were taking him away, Arthur Penn turned to Gene Hackman and said, "Man, we're shooting the wrong movie".

I now have to see this immediately ... But it'll have to wait until after I return I'm Alan Partridge, disc 1.
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #424 on: August 29, 2009, 06:15:11 AM »
A truly great line from The Burbs (if this has been mentioned on this thread before, please let me know)...

"I've never seen that.  I've never seen somebody drive their garbage out to the street, then bash the hell out of it with a stick.  I've never seen that."
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

fyodor

• Policemans heel
« Reply #425 on: August 31, 2009, 08:55:16 PM »

This has nothing to do with this thread but I wanted to say I love your Beano avatar/icon/picture.

PatrickChew

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #426 on: September 01, 2009, 03:46:09 PM »
A truly great line from The Burbs (if this has been mentioned on this thread before, please let me know)...

"I've never seen that.  I've never seen somebody drive their garbage out to the street, then bash the hell out of it with a stick.  I've never seen that."

So many great quotes from the Burbs, but many of them must be said out loud in a Brother Theodore voice. (e.g.,"It was parked outside ALL DAY!")

Another favorite is when Corey Feldman jumps on the cop car to stall them:
"Help! These people are in my parents house, and they're eating all our food!"

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #427 on: September 01, 2009, 05:14:38 PM »

So many great quotes from the Burbs, but many of them must be said out loud in a Brother Theodore voice. (e.g.,"It was parked outside ALL DAY!")

Another favorite is when Corey Feldman jumps on the cop car to stall them:
"Help! These people are in my parents house, and they're eating all our food!"

Agreed.

MORE MOVIE QUOTES, FOLKS!

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #428 on: September 06, 2009, 02:24:30 PM »
"WOMEN BE SHOPPIN'"
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Matt

• Space Champion!
« Reply #429 on: September 06, 2009, 03:40:22 PM »
"WOMEN BE SHOPPIN'"

And it's follow-up, "That's true - women DO shop."

I'll say it: Eddie Murphy's THE NUTTY PROFESSOR...pretty great. Parts of it, anyway.
It ain't ego, it's my love for you.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #430 on: September 06, 2009, 09:18:15 PM »
"WOMEN BE SHOPPIN'"

And it's follow-up, "That's true - women DO shop."

Ha! That's right! I almost forgot about that.

dnk

• Policemans heel
« Reply #431 on: September 07, 2009, 01:12:46 AM »
"Come on out. Oh, the weather outside is weather..."
-Kunu, FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #432 on: September 07, 2009, 10:10:13 PM »
"He'll flip you. For real."

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #433 on: September 13, 2009, 06:07:30 AM »

That is a good one.  And so is "This will be a naughty caprice!" That CD has been stuck in my car stereo for two weeks, and in no way is that depressing.  I should change the quote at the bottom of my posts to

"I KNOW HOW MUCH CUMQUATS COST!!!"

BUT to continue with movie quotes, here's one from Star Wars that I don't think is appreciated enough.

"Jmmbabet!" said by the Jawa negotiator, of course.

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #434 on: September 28, 2009, 06:44:12 PM »

That is a good one.  And so is "This will be a naughty caprice!" That CD has been stuck in my car stereo for two weeks, and in no way is that depressing.  I should change the quote at the bottom of my posts to

"I KNOW HOW MUCH CUMQUATS COST!!!"

BUT to continue with movie quotes, here's one from Star Wars that I don't think is appreciated enough.

"Jmmbabet!" said by the Jawa negotiator, of course.

HA! Oh Steve In North Hollywood, I just read your post today and it made my day for so many reasons.  "Jmmbabet!"  Priceless.

Totally unrelated, I would like to add from "Aguirre, Wrath of God:"

Aguirre: What are they saying?
Translator: They are saying "Meat is floating by."