Author Topic: Movie Quotes Continued  (Read 164084 times)

PatrickChew

• Achilles bursitis
Re: Movie Quotes Continued
« Reply #465 on: December 09, 2009, 12:12:04 PM »
I think one of my all time favorite sounds in a movie (it's not exactly a quote as it's not a word) is when Doc Brown makes his shocked noise when his model of the Delorean lights a bunch of rags on fire after demonstrating to Marty how they will send him back to the future in "Back to the Future." He makes this face and it gets me everytime:

(apologies for the size. I have no idea how to resize it.)

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #466 on: December 09, 2009, 01:38:12 PM »
Step Brothers has so many lines that sneak up on you after multiple screenings.

i saw Step Brothers in the theatre and hated it with a capital 'hate'.  somewhere between now and then, it got funny.  and at certain times, REALLY funny.

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #467 on: December 11, 2009, 02:33:56 AM »

i saw Step Brothers in the theatre and hated it with a capital 'hate'.  somewhere between now and then, it got funny.  and at certain times, REALLY funny.

I'm sorry that you didn't fall in love with it from the very beginning.  But I am glad that you like it now. 

"We've got so much more room for activities!!!"
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

iAmBaronVonTito

• Space Champion!
« Reply #468 on: December 11, 2009, 09:11:20 AM »

I'm sorry that you didn't fall in love with it from the very beginning.  But I am glad that you like it now. 

"We've got so much more room for activities!!!"

my brother would quote it to me, cracking me up.  when i found out the lines were from the movie, i gave it a second try. 

personally, i blame it on the fact that i smoked pot (but didnt get high) before watching it the first time.  maybe pot puts me in a bad mood?

Steeley Chris

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #469 on: December 11, 2009, 11:13:22 AM »
"I'm sorry about the balls! It was a lucky shot, that's all!"
Sam Neill's first line from In The Mouth Of Madness
"Dad gets mad."

stephen

• Policemans heel
« Reply #470 on: December 12, 2009, 09:09:02 PM »
ANOTHER Sam Neill quote.  From Jurassic Park:
"They're moving in herds.  They do move in herds."

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #471 on: December 12, 2009, 10:29:23 PM »
And while we're on Will Ferrel movies:

"I am not exaggerating when I say my love for you is a billion times greater than the love for mankind Jesus felt on the cross."

-Dr. Rick Marshall to Chaka
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #472 on: December 13, 2009, 02:17:34 AM »

"I am not exaggerating when I say my love for you is a billion times greater than the love for mankind Jesus felt on the cross."

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  Land of the Lost was just fine.
"I was in the shower and it occurred to me why the Hendersons named their guest "Harry."  That movie has layers!" ~ Jack Doneghy, 30 Rock.

Steeley Chris

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #473 on: December 13, 2009, 06:45:02 PM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  Land of the Lost was just fine.
I thought it was hilarious.
"Dad gets mad."

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #474 on: December 14, 2009, 04:28:41 AM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  Land of the Lost was just fine.
I thought it was hilarious.

Believe me, when I say it's "just fine," I'm making a drastic understatement.  I thoroughly enjoyed that movie from start to finish.  But so many people disagree with me that I don't spend the energy to try to convince them anymore.  If they don't want to enjoy the movie, that's there problem.  I saw it twice in the theaters and laughed just as hard each time AND the cartoon work on the closing credits is some really cool stuff.

So, you heard it here:  If you're not sure about watching Will Ferrel, Anna Friel, Danny McBride and Jorma Whatshisname*, take it from not just your FOT Rookie of the Year, but also from a formerly published movie reviewer**, and spend some time in The Land Of The Lost.***

And so, in honor of it, I submit this favorite quote of mine:

"14,000 calories later, I found myself down at Subway... powering through a twelve-inch veggie on whole wheat, babbling to a cut-out of Jared." ~ Dr. Rick Marshall

*What's IMDb?

**Yes, I'm showing off.

***Having re-read John Hodgman's More Information Than You Require, my fondness for footnotes has increased.

harris

« Reply #475 on: December 15, 2009, 09:17:54 AM »
In the movie Silent Night Deadly Night 2, the main character is walking down the street holding a gun during a rampage scene (that spans about one suburban block) and he sees a guy taking out the trash cans and says "It's Garbage Day."

Also there is a scene where he is working for a restaraunt and is throwing away food in a back alley and he hears some guy getting mugged and says "He sounded like a squirrel getting his nuts squeezed."

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #476 on: December 20, 2009, 07:10:17 AM »
From Avatar ...

"See this?  This is "unobtanium" and it sells for a twenty million a kilo."

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #477 on: January 09, 2010, 05:45:31 AM »
Another from The Hangover...

Lady cop: "Not up in here."

Riggle cop:  "NOT UP IN HERE!!!"

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #478 on: January 17, 2010, 03:21:32 AM »
From Big Fan...

"Ha!!!  ...Ha! Ha! Ha!!!"

Steve in North Hollywood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #479 on: January 29, 2010, 05:50:13 AM »
From The Hangover...

"It's not illegal. It's frowned upon."