Author Topic: FMU Record Fair  (Read 5773 times)

Martin Edison

• Achilles bursitis
FMU Record Fair
« on: October 07, 2007, 09:37:36 PM »
Hey Tom,

will you be at the record fair next month?
i've never been and it would be extra awesome to meet you in person.

maybe you can autograph my iPhone?
no comment

paul

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: FMU Record Fair
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 08:42:12 AM »
i'm wondering if i should try and volunteer again this year. i don't know if that would lead to me spending more money than usual. hmmm.

Martin Edison

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 09:06:54 AM »
You can volunteer to help out? Is that something that's posted
on the FMU website?
no comment

Emily

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 01:11:37 PM »

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 12:37:33 PM »
I wish there was something like this in Minneapolis. Our coolness factor is incredibly low.

Forrest

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 04:48:36 PM »
I wish there was something like this in Minneapolis. Our coolness factor is incredibly low.

Isn't Minneapolis the city that's cranked out a couple of iconic rock bands and half of the music journalists in America? Have some pride!

bruce

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2007, 06:16:13 PM »

Isn't Minneapolis the city that's cranked out a couple of iconic rock bands and half of the music journalists in America? Have some pride!
Yeah but they also gave us Soul Asylum

MartinVanB

• Policemans heel
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 10:45:21 PM »

Yeah but they also gave us Soul Asylum

hey, some of their twin/tone stuff is actually pretty good.

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2007, 04:38:47 PM »

What have they done for me lately....all that happened when I was a pre-teen and now I'm pushing 30. Now, all this city produces is hip-hop for whiny suburban kids and a couple ironic hipster bands. Plus, we have this station called The Current produced by Minnesota Public Radio which churns out 24 hours of music for aging hipsters. Our scene is in pretty bad shape right now.

Laurie

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 12:46:25 PM »
You have the Birthday Suits. They played a Vice Magazine party for CMJ. Is Vice signing them? If so, good for them. They are nice fellows and ROCK THE STAGE.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 06:04:08 PM »
Minneapolis also has Brother Ali, who's released two of the best hip-hop albums I've heard in a long while. Granted, I'm not as up on current hip-hop happenings as I once was, but I still know good when I hear it.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.