Author Topic: Ben Weasel's "Weasel Radio" podcast  (Read 2365 times)

bookem_dan-o

• Achilles bursitis
Ben Weasel's "Weasel Radio" podcast
« on: November 17, 2007, 07:51:25 PM »
Not sure how the FoT community feels about Mr. Weasel (and/or his band(s)), but I happen to really like him, and have been enjoying his new radio show on ESPN Radio 1070, out of Madison. For awhile they've just been putting up a downloadable link to the mp3s online and stupidly calling it a "podcast", but this week they finally clued up, and made the show available as an honest to god Podcast feed:

http://xrl.us/bbbgs

Punk rock, sports, ripping into various sacred cows. Great stuff. He talks about why The Clash was an overrated band in episode #2...an opinion I've always held, but have been afraid to express, lest I suffer the wrath of punker dorks everywhere.

bookem_dan-o

• Achilles bursitis
Re: Ben Weasel's "Weasel Radio" podcast
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 04:46:14 AM »
Nice...I just listened to the latest episode, and Ben talks about the greatness of the movie Clifford, and how "nobody I know, other than my wife likes that movie."

Sarah

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 08:44:43 AM »
Forget about the Clash, I've never understood why people love the Ramones so much.  They're good, clean fun, I grant you, but why the adoration?

TL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 09:52:43 AM »
Forget about the Clash, I've never understood why people love the Ramones so much.  They're good, clean fun, I grant you, but why the adoration?

Context?
Now write me a receipt so I can tip on outta here...

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 10:03:59 AM »
I mentioned this in the other thread, but I've never been able to get to the Clash either. I'm gonna check out one of the albums I haven't heard (as recommended by TL) because I'm all about giving folks a second chance, but whenever I've heard the Clash in the past, it makes me think of sped-up Bruce Springsteen, which isn't really a good think in my book.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.

Sarah

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 10:08:15 AM »
Context?

Episode 2 (I think) of this Weasel show.  Ben says he can't imagine anyone hearing the Ramones and not falling in love with them immediately.  I first heard the Ramones in 1979.  I found them unobjectionable but was not wowed, and I have never been wowed since.  Why are people so crazy for them?  And how are they "the first punk rock group," as Wikipedia says many claim (and as I've heard)?  For that matter, why are they considered punk at all? 

Masterofsparks, yes, my query about the Ramones is inspired in part by your comments about the Clash (whom I like).