Author Topic: Gene Simmons and Terry Gross Interview  (Read 3555 times)

A.M. Thomas

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis

I'm not a chicken,  you're a turkey.

senorcorazon

• Space Champion!
Re: Gene Simmons and Terry Gross Interview
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 07:48:12 PM »
No matter what you say, he would still offer you "an encounter" and then a chance to look at his money.

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 07:52:01 PM »
trrrrrrrrrrrranscript

Honestly, not Gross's best work.
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

Ason

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 08:29:25 PM »
trrrrrrrrrrrranscript

Honestly, not Gross's best work.

How can you blame her for that? Dude was a dick.

Reminds me of her interview with Scientology boy John Travolta.
"A woman suspects that her daughter's imaginary friend is a ghost haunting their new home"

______http://www.myspace.com/franktherobottank________

kenkwan

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 08:41:28 PM »
Gene Simmons is going to be on the upcoming Apprentice: Celebrity edition. I'm very excited. Trump and Gene Simmons in the same room, talking!

Phantom Hugger

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 12:58:50 PM »
http://www.erim.net/archives/gene-simmons-and-terry-gross-interview

What a creep.

This reminds me of Cruise's character from Magnolia. The towering insecurities and comical braggadocio are just sad...and really really creepy.

dave from knoxville

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 02:26:53 PM »
I love two things right now.

1) In the interview, in response to a question about the source material for his make-up, Simmons says "Um ... my makeup came as a result of a lot of things, all things Americana." and the next word out of his mouth is "Godzilla".

And I like Thai food, you know, sauerbraten, enchiladas, hot dogs.

2) When I searched for "gene simmons" to find this thread again, I got "You may have meant to search for gene summons."

I can only dream.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 08:37:45 PM »
I knew of this from an excerpt in the Harper's Readings sections a few years ago - the sleaziest part of the interview was placed right after a rant about how middlebrow culture, specifically represented by Terry Gross, was destroying everything.  This whole thing is unbelievably great, like an S&W sketch, or that audio transcript of Lyndon Johnson ordering tailored pants and talking about his "nuts" and "bunghole."

Some favorite bits:

Gene Simmons: And Ace -- who's the spaceman in the group, you know -- has delusions of grandeur, and perhaps gravity doesn't quite affect him in the same way, which is to say that he doesn't have good equilibrium, which is a big word, come to think of it. Just like "gymnasium." This is NPR. That's why we're using big words.

Gene Simmons: The first thing you need -- besides air, which so far is free, and by the way if you went scuba diving, you're paying for air -- the other thing besides that is food, it's what we need to survive. I don't know what other tool I would use besides money to buy it. Although, as a woman of course you have the ability to sell your body, then get the money, and then, with that, get food. But ultimately money is part of it. And so --

Terry Gross: [laughs] You -- you -- you are weird.

Gene Simmons: Really? How do you get food?

Terry Gross: Well, not by selling my body. But --

Gene Simmons: Better research needed. Fire your research person. No fishnet stockings. Never. Not in this band.

Terry Gross: No. Let's get to the studded codpiece.

Gene Simmons: Oh yes.

Terry Gross: Do you have a sense of humor about that?

Gene Simmons: No.

Terry Gross: Does that seem funny to you? Are you --

Gene Simmons: No, it holds in my manhood.

Terry Gross: [laughs] That's right.

Gene Simmons: Otherwise it would be too much for you to take. You'd have to put the book down and confront life. The notion is that if you want to welcome me with open arms, I'm afraid you're also going to have to welcome me with open legs.

Gene Simmons: I was going to suggest that you get outside of the musty place where you can count the dust particles falling around you. And get out in the world and see what everybody else is doing.

Terry Gross: Having sex with you?

Gene Simmons: I would beg you guys to get something else on the air. Something with style. I'd change the call letters. NPR. I'd change it. Give it some oomph. Lexus! Locus! Something. See?

Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.