Author Topic: Angry Mr. Bungle Fan.  (Read 5792 times)

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
Angry Mr. Bungle Fan.
« on: September 13, 2006, 05:29:16 PM »
[youtube=425,350]inQlkhZr0ec[/youtube]

"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

Chris L

• Space Champion!
Re: Angry Mr. Bungle Fan.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 10:16:58 PM »
"....You've been reading my blog."  BWAHAHAHAHA

Josh

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 12:54:35 AM »
AHHHHHHH!!!!!
There's this (typically drunk) Latino guy who calls into my radio show every week and requests Mr. Bungle. My heart immediately drops when I hear "Hey essay... how about some Mr. Bungle. Or The Gentle Waves." on the request line.

I had no idea he wrote for a daytime soap.
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

bccook

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 10:57:38 AM »
Oh my goodness. A Mr. Bungle page linked to the show featuring the Angry Mr. Bungle Fan was what got me listening to the show in the first place. Was I ever so young and dumb?

Laurie

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 01:01:33 PM »
AHHHHHHH!!!!!
There's this (typically drunk) Latino guy who calls into my radio show every week and requests Mr. Bungle. My heart immediately drops when I hear "Hey essay... how about some Mr. Bungle. Or The Gentle Waves." on the request line.

I had no idea he wrote for a daytime soap.

I was lucky. I was a WVUM DJ during the same time as Ms. Sara Yusuf of Sweat Records. She'd always call in and request Bobby Conn. I have no problem playing Bobby Conn.

Hey, does that guy still call in trying to get you to say the word "penis"? He'll ask what the Washington Monument looks like to you, and if you say it looks phallic, he'll get really angry and frustrated. It's fun! There's also that guy who looooooooves to talk about nanotechnology. Oh, and the weirdo who rambles on about... antennas? Or something? I can't remember.

Emerson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006, 06:05:15 PM »
John Zorn Gets MacArthur Genius Grant:

http://www.tbo.com/news/nationworld/MGBIT6NQ9SE.html
"You said it. I didn't."

jane

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 08:30:33 PM »
wow, $500,000 awarded to Zorn for being a genius.  If you look at the origins of some of his work, he's not even that original.  A lot of people did that stuff back in the sixties.  The game pieces are almost an "homage" to dutch artists such as Misha Mengelberg...also sounds a lot like Kagel...even Xennakis did a game piece called strategy, no?

John Junk

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 04:35:17 PM »
"I thought you had to be a long term established fan to access that site"

jane

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 12:45:37 AM »
lol, john junk.  I do pay way too much attention to experimental music - but I swear, I only like the stuff that's raw, innovative, and surprising and John Zorn's not that these days.  Strangely, Tom gave an unfair record review to what was, in my opinion, Zorn's only decent effort (Parachute Years, late seventies).  Tom's comments regarding Eugene Chadborne's guilar playing cracked me up. 

Emerson

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 10:11:32 AM »
I still love The Big Gundown, but I think Zorn is more remarkable for his RoloDex than for his "genius," artistic or otherwise.

You haven't really heard Chadbourne until he brings out the electric pencil sharpener.

~EmD
"You said it. I didn't."

emilyrides

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 01:23:26 PM »
I was at a John Zorn Massada show a few years back at the Knitting Factory, and during the show these two guys starting smoking a bowl a few feet off to the side of the stage.  John Zorn immediately brings the music to a screeching halt, and gets on the mic, in a rage, and declaims:'Who's smoking? Who's lighting up that crap at my show? Who?  None of us need that crap, if you can't get high off the music, then get the hell out of here'.  For me, seeing John Zorn fly off the handle about someone smoking pot at his show, brought me much more enjoyment than any of his music ever has.
Better a Fashion Show than no Show at all.