Author Topic: Complete Tom Cruise vid Scientology Corp. keeps pulling off the web  (Read 8772 times)

John Junk

Re: Complete Tom Cruise vid Scientology Corp. keeps pulling off the web
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 08:42:50 PM »
That video is kind of a snooze. 

Tom Cruise laughs at himself more than Paul F. Tompkins. 

Does something being barely watchable make it "scary"?

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2008, 10:06:33 PM »
http://www.partyvan.info/index.php/Project_Chanology

This is pretty funny to follow. There's even a radio station to listen too with music, instructions and updates.
I am merely observing by the way.

http://www.raidchan.org/radio/listen.pls

I'm too chicken to call one of the emergency numbers, but someone totally should.

Ason

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 10:08:33 PM »
That video is kind of a snooze. 

Tom Cruise laughs at himself more than Paul F. Tompkins. 

Does something being barely watchable make it "scary"?

most people are only seeing the edited version of him speaking

the scary thing to me is the whole package
where they talk about rescuing or "clearing" the world.
"A woman suspects that her daughter's imaginary friend is a ghost haunting their new home"

______http://www.myspace.com/franktherobottank________

Jason

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008, 02:49:25 PM »
Press release from the cyber-vandals, good writing I thought. -

Associated members of the press,

On the 19th of January 2008 at EST 1800 we began to wage electronic warfare on the strongholds of Scientology that blight the World Wide Web. The assault has taken down their websites, impaired their internal communications and shall extract the coveted fallacies that they hold dear in order to extort the weak, vulnerable and the unfulfilled.

We who grew with these tools, who developed as individuals bound to the machines that we use to connect, to unite and to manipulate the world around us. We for whom the technologies became not instruments of function but extensions of ourselves, innate as the use of our hands to control our environment. We few who emerged from the unfathomable nebulae of electronic interaction with a sense for our surroundings, so disparate from the flesh and bone of the physical world yet keen as the touch of our fingertips.

We gather here with conscience and righteous outrage against the false piety and systematic racketeering of the great false cult of Scientology, and its false god of L.Ron.Hubbard. United in our faith, we will destroy the bastions of those who would corrupt what frail spirituality still perseveres in the world of the West.

No cell will be harmed, no pound of flesh demanded; we unite and infiltrate for the single purpose of expunging that which is most insidious: the mere informational reality of the fetid ideology that dares to entrance the hearts of the needing. Our targets are that which is more real to us than the skin on our lips: the peaks and troughs of potential, the one and the zero that define existence in this world of ours. More real than man.

The attack has commenced: their websites are down, and our pillage of their secrets shall be swift and devastating. Your hatchets are our scalpels; we will dissect and remove that which must be destroyed.

Our faith as one in man; lies must be exposed.

It has begun.

NEXUS

John Junk

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2008, 05:09:10 PM »
I don't like it... I love it!

Ason

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2008, 06:42:00 PM »
hey

whatever keeps the kids out of trouble I say.
"A woman suspects that her daughter's imaginary friend is a ghost haunting their new home"

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 07:41:35 PM »
I don't get why people care so much. Yeah, it seems stupid but any religion is going to sound stupid to a non-believer most of the time. Yeah, money is involved, but why should we care what people spend their money on? There are definitely a lot of weird things going on with Scientology but I just don't get why everybody has developed such an intense dislike for it. I don't think it's really harming anybody other than the people who are buying into it and that's their choice. Right?

John Junk

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 08:00:54 PM »
When I first moved to L.A. I was really freaked out by Scientology stories I heard, but over time it just seems as apeshit as any other gigantic apeshit religious organization.  The actual mythology of Catholicism is not necessarily less insane than Scientology if you look at it in an objective way, but I still consider myself basically a Catholic.  I think the "What crimes have you committed?" thing is freaky and uncool, but it's not necessarily more crazy than a crazy Evangelical sect.  I think it's kind of healthy for Scientology to get shit, but I think some of the upper eschelons (sp??) of right wing evangelical churches are actually a bit more frightening if only for the fact that they have real sway with actual politicians.  Tom Cruise is obviously the best thing Scientologists have got; the most prominent member who is willing to shill for them.  He's obviously bonkers and I think his obvious bonkers-dom takes a lot of the sting out of a lot of real earnest anti-Scientology grandstanding.  Having said that, I really enjoyed those hackers' manifesto.

Ason

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 11:19:12 PM »
When I first moved to L.A. I was really freaked out by Scientology stories I heard, but over time it just seems as apeshit as any other gigantic apeshit religious organization.  The actual mythology of Catholicism is not necessarily less insane than Scientology if you look at it in an objective way, but I still consider myself basically a Catholic.  I think the "What crimes have you committed?" thing is freaky and uncool, but it's not necessarily more crazy than a crazy Evangelical sect.  I think it's kind of healthy for Scientology to get shit, but I think some of the upper eschelons (sp??) of right wing evangelical churches are actually a bit more frightening if only for the fact that they have real sway with actual politicians.  Tom Cruise is obviously the best thing Scientologists have got; the most prominent member who is willing to shill for them.  He's obviously bonkers and I think his obvious bonkers-dom takes a lot of the sting out of a lot of real earnest anti-Scientology grandstanding.  Having said that, I really enjoyed those hackers' manifesto.

75 million years ago
DC 8's ....with rocket engines dude

that's no more weird to you than the virgin birth?

EDIT
but I guess u could say this is why
this is why
this is why
we hot
*warning disturbing imagery*
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCGP-0545EU[/youtube]

Jason

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2008, 12:44:03 AM »
[youtube]pPol_m8wm8Y[/youtube]

[youtube]qLZJBdvqAv8[/youtube]

Another delcaration of war -

[youtube]MpwGBMpVOEk[/youtube]

Ason

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 02:31:25 AM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXxjgVSsgzc[/youtube]

I'm more excited by this than the elections

boom shanker
White ri0t!

Sarah

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2008, 09:21:40 AM »
[youtube]qLZJBdvqAv8[/youtube]

In this one, I think the filmmaker and the second Scientology guy came out even. 

John Junk

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2008, 01:12:02 PM »

By the way, when I say not more crazy than the regular church, I mean taking into account all of history.  Like, the Spanish Inquisition and shit.

Laurie

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2008, 01:32:10 PM »
Or, say, Mormons slaughteringa whole wagon-train because Brigham Young said the apocalypse was a-comin' and stuff.

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2008, 02:19:30 PM »
people need to stop watching so much South Park.

I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.