Author Topic: New Jersey D-bags  (Read 4504 times)

yesno

• Space Champion!
New Jersey D-bags
« on: January 27, 2008, 02:33:26 PM »
http://www.damnfunnypictures.com/html/New-Jersey-Douchebags.html

Ok, I haven't lived in New Jersey for 12 years.  So please don't tell me that the look featured in this series of pictures has become widespread.

Josh

• Space Champion!
Re: New Jersey D-bags
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 02:43:15 PM »
"Alright, well, for the sake of this conversation, let's say the book does not exist."

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 03:19:38 PM »
Try this on for size.

I've seen NJ Guido, and it does make me kind of nauseous.

But these orange skin/gelled hair guys-- they're like a new, super-virulent form of shore trash.

Laurie

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 03:30:39 PM »
Oh wow. I thought this was a look reserved exclusively for Victoria Gotti's idiot children. That's... not a good look.

A.M. Thomas

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 04:40:56 PM »
I've been so distanced from these people for such a long time that I often forget that they exist.  And then I get cut off by one of them or a group of them yell something sick at one of my female friends and my hatred returns in a flood of memories.

I'm not a chicken,  you're a turkey.

Sploops

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 04:43:08 PM »

chrisfoll577

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 12:27:01 AM »
i'm with yesno... the douchebags of 2008 are even worse than i remember from my days in college in new york four years ago, they've spiked their hair even more, lacquered their skin with tanning lotion, and unbuttoned their shirts to their bellybuttons.  they're like a hybrid of guidos, chavs and ganguro gals.

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 12:45:10 AM »
Holy crap. That is a world I never knew existed. Those pictures are like watching Blue Velvet for the first time!

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 11:08:47 AM »
Sorry, guys, but I'll be defecting from the FOT board to go to this one:

http://www.njguido.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=101488

Fri- Had a 1st date with a nice female i met the week before. Didn't really have much of a chance to talk bc i was super busy this week so i knew nothing about her. We were supposed to go out to dinner but i was not up to it bc of the night befores debauchtery (i think it was documented on here in another topic lol) so i told her i had to work late (i left work at 2 and slept) we met up at a bar in "MoTown" for a few drinks. It was torture bros, she was so incredibly boring. It was like pulling teeth trying to get a conversation going in any direction. Yes i was partly to blame and felt a little bad bc i couldn't give her my A game BUT i decided after about 2 hours that "it was getting late, i had a great time, we should do this again." Yeah.... She texted me on the way home that "we should do this again," i deleted her number.

Sat- Went out with a few people and had these great Arab sandwiches for lunch. Uno and i then decided (since we were incredibly bored) around 3:00 to see who could drink more beer while watching Meet the Parents & then Meet the Fockers. I feel that neither one of us were winners here lol... Went home to sober up and then went out with a ton of people to Teak. Was having a good time bc we had so many people there but all in all it was just ok. 2 people we were with got wayyyy too bombed and started fighting with each other (i guess too many $9 shots were had) so i left with a few people around 1:30ish maybe. Was going to head to L46 but decided to go home.

Sun- We weren't sure what to do bc there was no football on so we went to Fudruckers, rented a movie, then went to Chipotle. I feel very unhealthy right now.

That's about it. Nothing too great happened here.

Seriously, it's like the alternate-earth version of us, but stupid and incredibly boring.  They even have one British person (I know, we have a few, but whatevs bros).

Maybe it's just that they don't go to college, but when I compare my life in NJ from 1971-1997 to what I experience as a Rutgers teacher today, this type of Jersey Douche (not to be all PC but I kinda don't like the word "Guido") seems more virulent, but also a much smaller portion of the population than it used to be.  Where did they go?  Miami?
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Denim Gremlin

• Space Champion!
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 04:25:14 PM »
Uno and i then decided around 3:00 to see who could drink more beer while watching Meet the Parents & then Meet the Fockers. I feel that neither one of us were winners here lol

That's some kind of cosmic truth. I think this guy's the new Dalai Lama
I was the first guy in hardcore to whip people with his belt.

A.M. Thomas

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 06:04:24 PM »
Sorry, guys, but I'll be defecting from the FOT board to go to this one:

http://www.njguido.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=101488

Fri- Had a 1st date with a nice female i met the week before. Didn't really have much of a chance to talk bc i was super busy this week so i knew nothing about her. We were supposed to go out to dinner but i was not up to it bc of the night befores debauchtery (i think it was documented on here in another topic lol) so i told her i had to work late (i left work at 2 and slept) we met up at a bar in "MoTown" for a few drinks. It was torture bros, she was so incredibly boring. It was like pulling teeth trying to get a conversation going in any direction. Yes i was partly to blame and felt a little bad bc i couldn't give her my A game BUT i decided after about 2 hours that "it was getting late, i had a great time, we should do this again." Yeah.... She texted me on the way home that "we should do this again," i deleted her number.

Sat- Went out with a few people and had these great Arab sandwiches for lunch. Uno and i then decided (since we were incredibly bored) around 3:00 to see who could drink more beer while watching Meet the Parents & then Meet the Fockers. I feel that neither one of us were winners here lol... Went home to sober up and then went out with a ton of people to Teak. Was having a good time bc we had so many people there but all in all it was just ok. 2 people we were with got wayyyy too bombed and started fighting with each other (i guess too many $9 shots were had) so i left with a few people around 1:30ish maybe. Was going to head to L46 but decided to go home.

Sun- We weren't sure what to do bc there was no football on so we went to Fudruckers, rented a movie, then went to Chipotle. I feel very unhealthy right now.

That's about it. Nothing too great happened here.

Seriously, it's like the alternate-earth version of us, but stupid and incredibly boring.  They even have one British person (I know, we have a few, but whatevs bros).

Maybe it's just that they don't go to college, but when I compare my life in NJ from 1971-1997 to what I experience as a Rutgers teacher today, this type of Jersey Douche (not to be all PC but I kinda don't like the word "Guido") seems more virulent, but also a much smaller portion of the population than it used to be.  Where did they go?  Miami?

And I appreciate that.  I really hate it when these people are aligned so definitely with my ancestral heritage.

I'm not a chicken,  you're a turkey.

erika

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 06:39:21 PM »
Douchebags happen everywhere!

I have to say that next to Jersey, I saw the highest concentration of these types in Southern CA. San Diego seemed to be full of them.
from the land of pleasant living

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2008, 07:01:16 PM »
And I appreciate that.  I really hate it when these people are aligned so definitely with my ancestral heritage.

I don't get how that whole look came about in the first place.  Maybe I haven't been to the right places in Italy, but one remarkable thing about that nation is how well-dressed and stylish everyone is.

Who knows.  Like Tom Hagen, I'm Irish-German.

Beth

• Space Champion!
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 09:29:03 PM »
I feel like that look has slowly evolved from a slight spike and maybe "frosted tips" (I could barely write those words without gagging) to a oompa loompa orange mess. I've seen it yearly, mostly while stopping at gas stations on the way to my parents shore house. It's most concentrated around Seaside Heights.

yesno

• Space Champion!
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 09:53:38 PM »
I feel like that look has slowly evolved from a slight spike and maybe "frosted tips" (I could barely write those words without gagging) to a oompa loompa orange mess. I've seen it yearly, mostly while stopping at gas stations on the way to my parents shore house. It's most concentrated around Seaside Heights.

I'm from right by there.  I moved away from Jersey (Brick) before I even turned 18, practically the instant I was done with high school.  I miss the boardwalk and the pizza, and I defend Jersey against all comers out here in the lonesome mountain west, but damn.

In Colorado, the style differences between douches, and just plain dudes, are far less pronounced.