Author Topic: LOST  (Read 5321 times)

John Junk

LOST
« on: January 28, 2008, 02:30:13 PM »
...It's coming back!  I'm missing the premiere cause I have to teach, but my girlfriend is taping it (that's right - VHS!)

Anyone else as excited as I am about this?  Look, I don't have a very exciting life, there's no question about that, but this is mine. 

And I've been evil and have been watching missed episodes online because they have the first two seasons available as HDTV streams , but I don't have HDTV or a super-fast connection, so I just end up watching them on a really minimal screen, like 2 x 3 or something.  And I know this is against what I should be doing what with the strike and all, but I can't help it.  Lost is t.v. crack.  I just watched the season 3 finale again last night and it was so awesome.  I hope lame-o Juliette dies in the first five minutes of the new season. Last night I had a dream that season 5 of Lost was supposed to be about Sawyer and Jack living together in a 2 bedroom apartment in Los Angeles for a year and their difficulties getting along with each other.

bruce

Re: LOST
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 03:45:08 PM »
I'm psyched for it but sadly a little miffed. Since only 8 episodes were done before the strike. So will be left in the lurch till the strike is done.

But Sawyer and Locke will make it all worthwhile

Plus I want to know who was in the coffin, my guess Michael or Locke

John Junk

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 04:25:08 PM »
Yeah, I figured Michael, or Walt.  Locke would make sense too. 

I know what you mean, I'm bummed about the half-season as well.  All this wait for half a season!

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 04:44:16 PM »
I'm excited to see the ending. I'll be watching but it's getting a little old. Although, last season was a little better.

emma

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 05:39:14 PM »
I've never watched an episode of this, but I want to!
I heard there's going to be an hour of catch-up-type summary before it airs.
should i go that route, or just buckle down and watch all the old episodes in full?

bruce

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 05:59:27 PM »
all the hour will do is sum it up in less then cliff notes fashion

Watch the whole thing.

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 06:35:51 PM »
all the hour will do is sum it up in less then cliff notes fashion

Watch the whole thing.

Plus, it will probably just sum up last season.

It's so hard to start watching a show that's still on the air with a few seasons under it's belt. Especially ones where spoilers can ruin an episode. I like watching 24 but didn't start watching until last year. You feel like you have to keep watching to catch up but then you just get sick of it (especially a show like 24). Then, you see commercials that you wouldn't have paid attention to before that give away things that you shouldn't know yet. It's a grueling process trying to catch up with a show! Good luck!

John Junk

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 06:53:56 PM »
Gee wiz, I thought this stuff was supposed to be fun.  I say watch the hour-long thing.  Why not? I watched it before season 3 started and at first I thought it was lame, but then I got totally into it and now I've watched virtually every episode.  And I've watched them all out of sequence (aside from Season 3) because I just felt like it.   I say watch the hour long thing, start watching the new season, and go back to the old episodes if you're intrigued enough to do it.

Gilly

• Space Champion!
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 07:20:19 PM »
I wish I could do that with serials JJ. There are so many shows I want to watch but refuse to let myself until I can get a hold of the first season and start watching. But, I really shouldn't care.

jane

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 09:01:55 PM »
omg,jj,you-must-watch-the-clips-show.theres-so-much-i-forgot.
sorry,my-space-key-doest-work

bruce

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 10:21:16 PM »
It was nice to see someone from The Wire make an appearance

JonFromMaplewood

• Space Champion!
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 10:30:53 PM »
It was great seeing the return of Lost, but I shudder at the thought of anyone just starting to pick it up now, not having watched the first three seasons. It had so much treacly Charlie stuff tonight, and over-the-top score, I pictured newcomers gagging.  Ignore what you saw tonight, newcomers, and watch from the beginning.  Tonight was somewhat mediocre.

Agreed, Bruce, it was nice to see The Wire crossover!
"I'm riding the silence like John Cage up in this piece." -Tom Scharpling

TremblingEagle

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008, 02:05:34 AM »
When The Wire meets Lost

The Unfunny Truth about Scientology
http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/

John Junk

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 04:25:12 AM »

Yeah, tonight's episode wasn't that great, but it will probably get better.  A little sappy and I forgot how irritating it is to watch with full commercial breaks.  I hope there's somebody funny on that ship, 'cause if Charlie's dead and Hurley's bummed out all season (and the rest of his life in the future) it's going to be a loooong journey.  They also did a typical shit job of writing dialogue of characters talking to each other.  Did you ever notice how no one ever explains what the fuck is going on to the other characters on the show?  People just say vague, non-specific things like "something happened that changed Charlie's mind before he---" instead of saying "Holy Shit guys, Charlie held up his hand to this glass as it was filling up with fucking sea water and he made sure that Desmond read it and it said 'Not Penny's Boat' and we're not sure how he found out but he was at a fucking control panel and it was the last thing he ever did before he died so I think it was important."  But somehow everyone gets that from "Something changed Charlie's mind.  He's my friend!"
But anyway I'm psyched for the rest of the season.

masterofsparks

• Space Champion!
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 06:21:18 AM »

Yeah, tonight's episode wasn't that great, but it will probably get better. 

I find myself saying this a lot throughout every season, haha. I keep watching, though.

They also did a typical shit job of writing dialogue of characters talking to each other.  Did you ever notice how no one ever explains what the fuck is going on to the other characters on the show? 

This is one of the most frustrating things about the show. This, and the related fact that nobody asks the direct questions a normal person would ask in the situation. I guess if the characters behaved like normal people and did these things, they'd only be able to get like 8 episodes per season.

Still, like I said, I'll keep watching. I can't help myself.
I'll probably go into the wee hours.