Author Topic: Hoosier Vinyl  (Read 3347 times)

Rainer

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Hoosier Vinyl
« on: February 03, 2008, 07:05:48 AM »
My bud in Indiana has started a music blog:

http://hoosiervinyl.blogspot.com/

Ignore Function

• Achilles bursitis
Re: Hoosier Vinyl
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 09:25:27 PM »
Ahhh...makes me nostalgic for my home state.  Which doesn't happen all that often.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 03:11:49 PM »
Ignore Function, where you from?  My wife's from Southern IN, close to Kentucky, and went to IU.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Phantom Hugger

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 03:18:53 PM »
I love that Rusty Dean record. Thanks for sharing!

Ignore Function

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 06:29:56 PM »
I'm from Lafayette, sorta West Central Indiana.  I went to school at Ball State, in Muncie. Anytown, U.S.A.!

kray

• Policemans heel
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 07:26:33 PM »
i'm from greenfield! went to IU too!

TL

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 07:31:40 PM »
Nice!
Born in South Bend, years 1 & 2 spent there and at Ft. Ben Harris in Indy.
(of Jersey parents, though, and raised in NJ)
Now write me a receipt so I can tip on outta here...

Ignore Function

• Achilles bursitis
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 01:58:41 AM »
I'm from Lafayette, sorta West Central Indiana.  I went to school at Ball State, in Muncie. Anytown, U.S.A.!

It's Middeltown, dunce!

Gregory

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 04:00:54 AM »
I've been psyched on those Jack Hoppes tracks for a while now.

Man Machine

• Policemans heel
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 03:15:50 AM »
Ignore Function, where you from?  My wife's from Southern IN, close to Kentucky, and went to IU.

Hey fellow/former Hoosiers. I'm grew up in southern Indiana (in the Louisville area), then gradually migrated north. If anyone is interested there's a great site that's documenting Bloomington/Indianapolis/Muncie/IU etc. music history. It's http://www.musicalfamilytree.net/. Some of it is great, some not so great. If you were in the area some of it might be familiar.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2008, 04:23:45 PM »
Man Machine, my wife's from DuBois County.  Anywhere near you?
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

Man Machine

• Policemans heel
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2008, 07:17:34 PM »
Man Machine, my wife's from DuBois County.  Anywhere near you?
I grew up two counties over in Floyd County, right on the river. I once got horribly lost in a snowstorm looking for a German restaurant in Jasper, but I think that's the extent of my DuBois county experience.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 07:44:38 PM »
Was it the Schnitzelbonk?  I go to that place at least once a year.  The world's grossest salad bar!  But most of the rest of the food is actually pretty good.  I have a poster from it that looks like the sort of thing that would be hanging in WFMU's offices, but I can't hang it up in our regular grown-up home.

Man Machine

• Policemans heel
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2008, 10:20:50 PM »
Was it the Schnitzelbonk?  I go to that place at least once a year.  The world's grossest salad bar!  But most of the rest of the food is actually pretty good.  I have a poster from it that looks like the sort of thing that would be hanging in WFMU's offices, but I can't hang it up in our regular grown-up home.
Exactly!!! That's funny you mention the salad bar. I looked up their website and it says "Our salad bar is known as the "Wunderbar"" Maybe something was lost in translation...

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 07:59:05 PM »
Exactly!!! That's funny you mention the salad bar. I looked up their website and it says "Our salad bar is known as the "Wunderbar"" Maybe something was lost in translation...

Hilarious.  Maybe we could start a Schnitzelbonk FOT meetup.  Ja das ist ein Schnitzelbonk!

To be fair, the salad bar is fairly typical of the rural Midwest - they looooove their mayonnaise.