Author Topic: Recap post for 9/19/06 show.  (Read 2217 times)

Omar

• A Recapper/A True Star.
  • Space Champion!
Recap post for 9/19/06 show.
« on: September 26, 2006, 08:07:39 AM »
"Let's have a device-a-thon, just you and me." -- Montgomery Davies

Dan B

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
Re: Recap post for 9/19/06 show.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 02:25:14 PM »
(Really) Short-time, first-time calls (starts at 43:58) during his first-ever listen to the show. He’s bummed that he missed the Atlantic Antic. His friends took him to Six Flags instead, and he ended up vomiting all over the park. Tom thinks it’s comparable experience. He also ate awful nachos. Tom says that he basically went to the Atlantic Antic but with rides. He waited three hours to go on some ride that went upside down, he vomited, and then the car broke down on the way home. It wasn’t fun, but Tom is making his day because he’s so funny. Tom says that he’s sweet, but he already knew it. He’s in the running for the Yo La Tengo tickets, but he hates them so he’s not. He’s actually never heard them, but the name rubs him the wrong way. He wants Tom to play some of their stuff, but Tom informs him that he just played “Pass The Hatchet, I Think I’m Goodkind”, the epic opener from I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat You As Soon As I Get Home, and doubts he’ll get to any more tonight. Tom GOMPs him and wonders what planet he’s operating on. The Best Show doesn't need him and neither does Yo La Tengo.

My brother is an idiot.

I saw Yo La Tengo and WHY? last night and they were both amazing.