Author Topic: Spiderman Bible Stories  (Read 3868 times)

kimota

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
Re: Spiderman Bible Stories
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 11:36:32 AM »
I've been collecting Jack Chick tracts for years.  Some of the most hilarious, scary stuff published.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 11:37:48 AM »
Also, Cain wasn't from Atlantis in the original, sans Spider-man Bible. He may be Atlantean in the Ultimate Bible, but I haven't been following that.

It's pretty good, not great.  Bendis streamlined it a lot, and ironed out some of the contradictions in the word of God.  Some fans were upset about how he brought back Lot's Wife, but the storyline about the two Venom symbiotes on Noah's Ark is worth picking up in trade.
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

kimota

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 11:46:27 AM »
Well, if Bendis has gone into how Lot's wife was brought back rather than cover it in a two panel flashback synopsis at the beginning of the next issue, I think the fans would have been more on board with him bringing her back.  I think they just felt cheated that it happened off panel.   Did you ever get the What If Venom Possessed All The Animals on Noah's Ark?  I think Bendis is planning on hitting on some of that later on in Secret Invasion, somehow.  And I am pretty sure Lot's wife is a Skrull anyway.  She was shown with green eyes near the end of that last arc.

Wes

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2008, 01:02:12 PM »
There was a time when I really wanted to pitch Ultimate Beetle Bailey somewhere, which would have moved the characters to an actual warzone and played as a cross between Three Kings and Buffalo Soldiers. There still would have been a dog wearing a sergeant's hat, though.
This may be the year I will disappear.

Shaggy 2 Grote

• Space Champion!
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2008, 01:08:29 PM »
There was a time when I really wanted to pitch Ultimate Beetle Bailey somewhere, which would have moved the characters to an actual warzone and played as a cross between Three Kings and Buffalo Soldiers. There still would have been a dog wearing a sergeant's hat, though.

Haw haw haw haw!

(I'm trying out a new Chick-inspired internet laff).

Actually, Neil Numberman, can you help Wes out with this?
Oh, good heavens. I didn’t realize. I send my condolences out to the rest of the O’Connor family.

kimota

• Tarsel tunnel syndrome