Author Topic: FOT Night Out!!!!  (Read 17490 times)

Jason

FOT Night Out!!!!
« on: October 03, 2006, 06:19:24 PM »
I propose a FOT night out during the record fair.
I guess this has sort of happened the last four fairs but I think this time we should plan something.
Would anyone be up for this?

We'd need to decide whether to go on a Saturday or Sunday.
If we get a list of definite attendess and what day they'll be attending the fair if they can only make one day then we can choose the day that'd maximise the FOT volume.

Perhaps we could have dinner, go bar hopping, attend a comedy night or just simply get in a car and drive around hitting people's mail boxes with baseball bats (which I understand is a popular Amercian pastime).

B_Buster

• Tattoo Addict!
  • Space Champion!
Re: FOT Night Out!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 06:37:49 PM »
Well, if we do it on Sat. you can all wish me a Happy Birthday (does this mean I drink for free?!). Also, you should bear this in mind while shopping at the fair.
See God, Kai

Stan

• Achilles Tendon Bursitis
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 06:39:30 PM »
 I'm there. Just pick a night so that I can arrange my work schedule.
                                 "This must be where buffcoat left his pants."

Megan

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 06:55:14 PM »
I'm working all weekend, but I can do something Saturday if it doesn't go too late.   No idea what to do.  Where do the hip kids hang out in Manhattan these days?

because i can be.

Dan B

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 07:49:29 PM »
I'm so angry.  I signed up for the SAT II's and then I realized it's the same day as the Record Fair.  I may go on Sunday, but it's not definite.

Jason

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 08:04:53 PM »
I'm so angry.  I signed up for the SAT II's and then I realized it's the same day as the Record Fair.  I may go on Sunday, but it's not definite.

Get your priorities straight son.

Dan B

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 08:06:29 PM »

Get your priorities straight son.
I know, I know.  I'll be there in spirit. 

Laurie

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 08:26:50 PM »
I already booked a room at the Flatotel and tickets via Jet Blue. Yay!!

Also, I have tickets to The Slits/Apes/tons of other bands show, the Merge showcase (yay, Portastatic!), the Thrill Jockey showcase (hooray, Bobby Conn), the Decemberists/Alasdair Roberts show, Grey Gardens: The Musical, and Evil Dead I and II: The Musical. YAY!

Sarah

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 10:46:34 AM »
Oh, I wish I could be there.  Well, I could, I suppose, if I could bear the thought of traveling and being in a city.  But I can't. 

I guess my priorities need work, too.

Nonna

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 02:39:13 PM »
Well, if we do it on Sat. you can all wish me a Happy Birthday (does this mean I drink for free?!). Also, you should bear this in mind while shopping at the fair.

how old are ya, sweetie  :-* what are you drinking and more importantly what records/CDs DON'T you already own? 
i ain't no horseface...

Chris L

• Space Champion!
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 04:41:52 PM »
I'll tenatively say "yes" for Sat. 

Jason

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2006, 09:27:04 PM »
So saturday it is.

People in attendance -

My good self.
Megano De Murphy
Birthday Boy B. Buster (aka call screener Mike)
Stan the fish killer
Girl poster Laurie
Funny Guy Chris L

I'm sure this list will hopefully expand but maybe contract.

So what should we all do?
Personally I hope alcohol is involved but that's just me.

Laurie

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2006, 08:01:49 AM »
How about Otto's Shrunken Head? We can contact them about our little get-together and get some karoaoke action going. Of course, it's 21 and over, so Petey and little August could not attend. Hn.

Sarah

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2006, 09:49:44 AM »
I don't suppose it would be possible to charter a helicopter to fetch me?  It could land in the parking lot of the abandoned sardine-packing plant next door and whisk me down to the nearest helipad, where I would expect to be met by a keeper who would attend to me for the duration of the festivities.  I wouldn't need all that much care, really; I just wouldn't trust myself to be able to get from one place to the other: I'm far too out of practice dealing with crowds of people.  And cars (three cars constitute a traffic jam in Lubec).  I'm awfully good a drinking, though.  And I'm sure I could borrow a baseball bat somewhere.

emilyrides

• Plantar Fasciitis
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2006, 12:05:14 PM »
This sounds like a fun way to cap off a record fair, and I also vote for something alcohol related. I would suggest Winnie's, which is a low key, but mayhem friendly karaoke bar in Chinatown.  It's a good mix of ironic karaoke people and asian pro karoek'ers (sp?).
Better a Fashion Show than no Show at all.